Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Im Only 17 And Anxiety Is Ruining My Life!!!!

I turn 18 in 16 days... Its a day to look forward to for most but I still have to question weather or not im even going to make it that far... I have a wonderful boyfriend and I want to make him happy but sometimes I have to stop right in the middle of sex because anxiety strikes.... And ive had anxiety for the past 5 years... But it seems to worsen with my panic attacks.... I dont know what to do anymore, my heart hurts all the time and sometimes when I move a certain way a streak of pain runs through my heart that actually makes me scream outloud.... And I dont feel real I have to ask myself if im even real most of the time. My hands are always cold and sweaty and I have trouble talking... I cant work because of my panic attacks I dont know what to do... Is this even anxiety??????


Someone please write back
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah I know whats up im not much older and my life is prtty boring right now.The inly thing exiting right now is a panic attack. Altho I dont get them as often im alllllways anxious waiting for another one. I have a understanding gf too but still I wana go out and have fun with everyone like I used to.

Try to go check out the dr maybe get some ativan , xanax or some klonopin there all sedatives you can take wenever but dont take em like2 or 3 times a day every day just take em in extreme cases of anxiety . Then go se a therapist ive done and its helped me get at least say 50 percent better.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Ive been to a therapist and a phsycatrist.... Ive taken zoloft, paxil, lexapro, ultracet... And ive come to the point where I fear medicine.... I fear everything .. I use to get out go to partys ya kno be young and have fun.... I cannot do anything anymore all I worry about is what if im out having fun and it strikes then what do I do... My doctor wants to put me on caldapins but im scared... Im scared to take medcation now. Im scared of everything that I was never scared of like roller coasters... I cant even ride a friggen ferris wheel now.... Im 17 with hot flashes... And my head is always hurting my stomach is always hurting, and yes sucide has crossed my mind.. I mean I kno I wont do it cause I dont have that big of guts... But what the heck am I suppose to do.. I find myself sleeping all day because its the only time I feel normal.. I cant even go to the mall I start panicking and I cant enjoy it... Most of all its my heart it scares me it hurts sometimes, or if I move a certain way it hurts... I just want to be friggen normal.... Any advice???????


mitch7654 wrote:
yeah I know whats up im not much older and my life is prtty boring right now.The inly thing exiting right now is a panic attack. Altho I dont get them as often im alllllways anxious waiting for another one. I have a understanding gf too but still I wana go out and have fun with everyone like I used to.

Try to go check out the dr maybe get some ativan , xanax or some klonopin there all sedatives you can take wenever but dont take em like2 or 3 times a day every day just take em in extreme cases of anxiety . Then go se a therapist ive done and its helped me get at least say 50 percent better.

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Check it, my advice personaly would be to not take any anti depressants or things like that, take a xanax once in a while or a ativan. See a therapist do some cognetive therapy once every week. You have a bf right start going for walks with him even if its painfull take like 5 minute walks after 2 weeks take 10. Once a week go to a park with him start slow again.Its tuff im still struggling with it gettin super anxious sometimes when theres too many people around. I barely seee my freinds anymore. Just start slow but start doign little things and get a little meds like ativan or xanax to take the edge off once in a while. I used to be worried about taking it cz I took anti depresants once I thought I was gonna die after taking em. Yuoll be ok n time so will i...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Well I mean im getting myself off lexapro but not I just find myself more deprssed, crying, mad at everything.... Me and my boyfriend are having problems because like we live in 2 differnt cities, he did live here but he had to move but its only 30 minutes away and I go up there and see him all the time but he doesnt put no effort to try and come and see me down here and its driving me insane im smoking more, feelings more and more like crap everyday I feel like im not worth even coming to see and while hes out having fun with his friends im just sitting at home depressed I really dont know what to do anymore




mitch7654 wrote:
check it, my advice personaly would be to not take any anti depressants or things like that, take a xanax once in a while or a ativan. See a therapist do some cognetive therapy once every week. You have a bf right start going for walks with him even if its painfull take like 5 minute walks after 2 weeks take 10. Once a week go to a park with him start slow again.Its tuff im still struggling with it gettin super anxious sometimes when theres too many people around. I barely seee my freinds anymore. Just start slow but start doign little things and get a little meds like ativan or xanax to take the edge off once in a while. I used to be worried about taking it cz I took anti depresants once I thought I was gonna die after taking em. Yuoll be ok n time so will i...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 11th, 2006
Hang In There
Omg...I know exactly what you are talking about. Im now 23 y/o but I had my first panick attack at 15. I know what you mean about being young and going outto parties. I used to also think I would makeit to my 18th butlook im 23. You cant let this take over you. *will power*. You have the ability and the power to ovecome this. I was once told, what are you scared of? When you feel it starting to come, breathe,and tell your self "ill be okay...Ill be okay...Ill be okay" youll be okay. Trust me. Oh and happy birthday
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Hang In There
Thank you.. Very much!
Do u still have panic attacks
every day my face feels hott like I have a tempature
but I dont
do u kno why this is?


wishing* wrote:
omg...I know exactly what you are talking about. Im now 23 y/o but I had my first panick attack at 15. I know what you mean about being young and going outto parties. I used to also think I would makeit to my 18th butlook im 23. You cant let this take over you. *will power*. You have the ability and the power to ovecome this. I was once told, what are you scared of? When you feel it starting to come, breathe,and tell your self "ill be okay...Ill be okay...Ill be okay" youll be okay. Trust me. Oh and happy birthday
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 17th, 2006
Hey nawtaprincess...

I am 25 years old...And I have had all the symptoms you have since I was about 16. So about 9 years now! I was with a boyfriend at age 18...The same as you...And I would freak out...Sweaty palms, chest pain, nauseous, hot face (fever) you name it.....It sounds just like you! I am taking xanax for the anxiety...And it works really well! It is addictive...But I figure it's better to be addicted to xanax than live my whole life being afraid of everything and freaking out! I still have symptoms in high stress situations...However>>>>i broke up with the guy I was with when I was having sex and having panic attacks/anxiety....And when I have sex with my now husband....None at all! Your body may also be trying to tell you that this guy isn't right for you....No doubt you have anxiety or general social anxiety or something...But listen to your body! I quit a job I was getting attacks at becuase my body kept telling me I wasn't happy....And sure enough...I've been at a new job now for 3 years and not one attack...As long as I take my meds!

Good luck....And don't be afraid to go to your doctor....They may have to try a few meds...But you can feel better....And tell everyone who says to go natural to blow it out their you know what....Do whatever you can to feel better! I did and I will never regret it!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 29th, 2006
Well..
If you're having anxiety attacks in the middle of sex, that is your psyche's way of screaming a message to you-- it doesn't feel ready for what you're forcing it to go through. It also is a strong indication that you subconsciously feel that your boyfriend is with you for the wrong reasons. Your anxiety is actually trying to tell you something. For gaining control of anxiety attacks, go get this book Tao3.Com and that will help you. I would also give consideration as to whether you need to back off from your relationship, or find someone else more compatible to you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...