I am sorry that some of you or your families have been screwed over by dancers sometime in your life, but please don’t let that cloud your judgment about me. I am not dancing to “steal your husband” or the “steal your money”. I do it to support my 3 children and that’s it. And when I started school in the spring I will be well on my way, but until then this is what I am choosing to do. I am not a bad person or a bad mother. If you take the time to actually get to know me, then you will see that!

Danielle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Dont worry hunni we think no less of you just because of your occupation!!!!!! I danced at the bar last summer it was fun and I enjoyed it! It was great!!!!!! I only did it for a little while for some extra cash so we could buy the car quicker but i'd do it again if I had to theres nothin wrong with it. ~melissa
|

Experienced User
Thank you, I just wanted to make sure that you all know, that I am not a heartless !**@! and I understand that some of these men have wives, I do. But I am not making them come in there. They do it on their own and I don’t know what to say except that they should let their wives know whats going on, but the club I dance for so is exclusive that if anything “fishy” was going on they would be booted.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey. I think what you do is ok, I guess. I mean I like to see male dancers and im married so it shoulnd be bad the other way around. Although I would beat up jose if he ever went to one of those. Oh well thats just me! Welcome to the boards
|

Extremely eHealthy
Theres nothing wrong with what you do. Some people may see it that way (everyone has their own opinion) but at least ur making money and your supporting your family and thats better than nothing, so dont be ashamed! Besides, its quite fun to do sometimes! Lol!
|

Experienced User
Why did someone say something to you to offend you? I never thought about it-- we all have different ways of making are family work-- I dont think any less of you-- I just couldnt do it my self-- but who sadi something about it to you? Evil or Very Mad
|

Experienced User
Its really not important who offened me because we already discussed it and fixed our problem. I just wanted to make sure that my job didn't offend anyone else! Thanks for the support and concern ladies!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Experienced User
I know you didn't! I accept your apology, I hope you do know that! I just wanted to make sure everyone else knows that not every dancer is the same, just like the earlier sanerio I gave you. I also understand that not everyone can accept what I do, and I am fine with that, I just want them to accept me for a good person and a good mother that I try so hard to be! Just like you, you seem to be a great mom and I know you must work real hard, because I know raising 3 kids is tough! Anyway that is my only point! Smile

danielle
|

Extremely eHealthy
R u like a pole dancer or something?
I missed this..............
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol liz you are funny
|

Extremely eHealthy
Lol! Am i?! Hehe!
|

Experienced User
I thinks its fine...As long as u stay away from drugs and dont bring ur work home (if u kno wat I mean)...Not that u would, u seem like such a sweetie who just wants the best 4 her kids!!
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
If you do your job, do it good, and do it cleanly..... No one has a reason to say anything to you about it! You can be a dancer, stripper, or quite a few other things and yet still be a good mother, wife, daughter, aunt, sister, etc....... Don't do it the trashy way, do it the clean way though.....
We all are very accepting here.
Love,
chanda
|

Experienced User
Yes liz, that would be another name for it. All my dance routines are very clean and sensual. None of them are sleazy, etc. I do want whats best for my children and yes I would be very sad if my baby girl told me that she wanted to be a dancer. But for right now, this is what I need to do to raise my babies. Heres the thing, I danced from the age of 16 to 19. I got married at 19 years old, to dayton and yvonna’s daddy and quit dancing. Less than 11 months ago, my husband (their father) was killed in an accident cause by a drunk driver. I quit school temporarily and began dancing again. So that is why I am dancing now. In the spring once I have saved up enough money to pay for all my schooling, I am going to go back to school and quit dancing. Well that is my plan, hopefully I can pull it off. But yeah I mean yvonna was only a week old when her daddy was taken dayton was only 2 and camden, my eldest, lost the only dad he ever knew, so it was tough and I knew with dancing that I wouldn’t have to be away from them for long amounts of time and the money would be great. So that’s the long version. So thanks again for the support ladies!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...