I have been told that I have an infection called coliform. Does anybody know what this means and is it very serious. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Experienced User
From webmd.Com--

prostatitis

prostatitis literally means "inflammation of the prostate gland due to infection." most urologists see at least one case of either acute or chronic prostatitis a day. Acute prostatitis means you have a fresh infection and the symptoms come on suddenly. In chronic prostatitis, the condition has existed over a long period of time. Classic symptoms include painful urination, painful ejaculation, and pus and/or blood in the urine. One of the most common causes of prostatitis is coliform bacteria. (escherichia coli, or e. Coli, is a strain of coliform bacteria.) coliform bacteria can travel from your colon (where there are always large amounts) into your bladder, urethra, or prostate. When you're constipated, you're especially vulnerable to higher levels of the bacteria, which will hitchhike to your reproductive organs through your lymphatic system or bloodstream.
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Prostatitis
Thank you for your reply. I got this infection when I went in hospital for an ectopic pregnancy. Then after I had been discharged my wound became infected and opened up, I had two holes where the stitches had been. First of all I had an infection called pseudomous or something like that then I got this infection.

Is is very serious or nothing to worry about.
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. E coli is coliform. Its not worrisome and easily manageable.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bacterial Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.