Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

My Husband Is Depressed And Not Sure Why.

:cry: a couple of days ago my husband asked me what I would think if he went in the army, I said I would be proud of him. But after a day or so of thinking about what he said, it hit me. I would be alone! My husband and I got married young, I am 18 and he is 22. Last night I could tell something was on his mind. So I asked him he replied "nothing" I knew he was lying. Then after 20 min. Of talking he finally let it out he wasn't happy with his life, he wanted to do more but he didn't know what, thats why he thought of the military. But he didn't want to do that to me. Then he brought up that he now thinks we got married to quick, but he doesn't regret it at all. He is so confused right now and its breaking my heart, so I suggested welbutrin, one they say it helps quit smoking and to it may help straighten out his thoughts. I'm not sure what to do because now I fell unwanted, and i've been thrown off path.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2006
It might help if you two sit down and really talk to each other. See how you both feel about your marriage and how happy you both are with each other. What can you do to make things different and what can he do. You two are a team, and you need to work together. Medication should be a last resort. Theres nothing wrong with taking medication. But its not always the solution and often, people are too quick to solve their problems with a pill rather then seeing if there might be a solution.

I take wellbutrin and it has really helped me. Of course i'm still dealing with many issues and I may need to take something else.

On the issue of him wanting to do more with his life~ what are his interests? What does he want to do as a career. College? These sorts of questions might help him make up his mind.

I hope this has helped and best of luck to you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....