Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Hormone Level??? Plz Help So Worried

I did my blood test yesterday and the doctor said I was still showing signs of pregnancy since my hormone level was low. The clinic where I did the abortion told me it's ok since it takes 7-8 weeks for hormones to get to their normal level. I had an abortion three weeks ago so another 3-4 weeks till the level stabilizes.. Is this situation ok? I'm so worried that something is still wrong or maybe i'm still pregnant...Plz help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The hcg levels can take quite a few weeks to totally go away, which is why they tell you not to take a hpt for a while after an abortion.

If you still had pregnancy tissue in your body, you would likely have a fever and infection symptoms...

Did you have a surgical or medical abortion?
|

replied August 2nd, 2006
I had a manual vacuum aspiration (mva) since I was on the 6.5 week of pregnancy.
|

replied September 12th, 2006
Re: Hormone Level??? Plz Help So Worried
juliya wrote:
i did my blood test yesterday and the doctor said I was still showing signs of pregnancy since my hormone level was low. The clinic where I did the abortion told me it's ok since it takes 7-8 weeks for hormones to get to their normal level. I had an abortion three weeks ago so another 3-4 weeks till the level stabilizes.. Is this situation ok? I'm so worried that something is still wrong or maybe i'm still pregnant...Plz help

my girlfriend is going through the same thing however her hormone level has continued to rise and now they are telling her that she must have the entire procedure done again. My goodness how could a mistake like this have happened. Not only was it hard for her to go through w8ith it the first time but to have to do it a second time I swear she is losing her mind. She had the surgical vaccume type and is just lost now. I can understand your fear.
|

replied September 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
With surgical abortion if you go to a nicer clinic they could put her to sleep, or use iv sedation so she would feel no pain!

Was your g/f offered anesthesia to help with the pain? Did you know that she could find a clinic which would offer this?
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...