Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Pregnancy after a Hysterectomy?

User Profile
I had a hystrectomy 4 yrs ago partial still have my overies,i get bad pain in my lower abdomen,my stomach gets hard and big like a pregnancy,I also still have milk produceing from my breast,and they get a stinging feeling from time to time.All this happens every two weeks or so.I really would love to be able to have another baby since the hysterectomy was not by choice and I am with someone who we would love to have a child what are the chance or opportunitys i have of become pregnant or what can i do if i have any options please reply asap amy.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2006
Hysterectomy Answer A1310
You can not become pregnant without the uterus and ovarian tubes. You can request an abdominal ultrasound, standard blood work, and hormonal analyses (prolactin) to identify what is happening in your abdomen and why your breasts are producing milk.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hysterectomy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.