Hello. My name is laurelle. I don't have epilepsy, but myself and four other people are entering the annual technology one & epilepsy queensland website competition. We are required to design a website for 14+ year olds to raise the awareness of epilepsy. To add a different aspect to our site, we were wondering if we could get some stories about people's experiences with epilepsy. They can be from how you find not being able to do certain things frustrating to how you react during and after and seizure. Anything would be greatly appreciated, and stories can remain anonymous. Thank you :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2006
If you are designing web sites for an audience of people with seizure disorders, you need to take care to build a site that can be navigated easily with all graphics disabled (or text only browsers). Many photosensitive people can get seizures triggered by flashing/animated images.
|

replied August 12th, 2006
Alternative Aproach.
I myself have epilepsy.
I was diagnosed since I was 16 years old.
I am 22 now I have recently been able to be one year fit free.
The best thing I would suggest would be do breathing excercises such as yoga, drink plenty of fluids mainly dtrinks like lucozade and anything them contains glucose.
Most important try to do something each day that would avoid stress, pressure or and exaustion.
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....