Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

Confussed About Her Identity?

Good afternoon ppl. I will try and keep this short.. I am a 31yr old lesbian, few mnths ago went through a major breakup. Cried cried, whatever, I moved on. Have met a few girls but not ever interested on any until I meet this 33 yr old 'straight' girl, so I thought. We got along well, kept in contact through email. I thought about this girl a lot!! I always wished she was gay, never crossed my mind that I would end up making out with her for hours about a month after we met. She confessed to me that since she met me she thought about me too and that confussed her. Few days later she says that she wants us to start going out. Then days later says that if she was not totally straight, she would definitely choose me. I figured i'd take it slow with this one. But week after week I noticed that she was becoming more and more distant, we never went out btw. Even noticed a change in attitude through emails and texts. All of a sudden she tells me that she is in love with some guy she met on a trip a few weeks before we met, he's been visiting her from mx.
One night I asked if I could get something off my chest and asked her if she was avoiding me? I guess I was too forward cause she never responded. Next day I apologized (texted) if she felt uncomfortable and she said it was cool. Never heard from her again, this was about 2 wks ago.
I guess all this hurt my feelings cause I really like her. Dont know what to think of this or what to do. She is a friend of a friend so I know I will eventually run into her again. Did I scare her off? It seems that see got scared of her own feelings so will I have a chance with her if I do things right? What can I do to make this happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Think you did the right thing by asking her immediately whether she was avoiding you or not.....Even though it may not have been the answer or non answer you wanted. Who really wants to wait around forever to see if your the "one" or not?As for the future, only time will tell....If it were me and we met again, I would be friendly as if nothing happened.....Do not want to appear desparate,eh? And wait for any possible opening.....She may be confused, but at 33 I would think she would at least have a clue about which way she is oriented. The guy's probably just a temporary thing, exciting curiousity.....You sound more stable and have a vested interest in her.....Good luck and good love. :)
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Thanks a lot spirit. I thought that I had done the worst thing by asking her if she was avoiding me, as if I had no place to ask her. But it makes me feel better that at least you agreed with my action. And I agree that only time will tell. The best thing for me to do is nothing really, maybe just break this fantasy I created. I'll be really cool with her next time around cause I did like her for a reason, she a nice girl, so no sense in acting all weird with her. Thanks again, I dont feel like such a big creepo anymore.
|
Quick Reply