So I had the iud inserted a month ago, and during a follow-up appointment, a complex cyst was found off my left ovary. They are unsure of the problem, and sending me to the gyno for further testing. All I know is that it's 5cm, complex (fluid & solid parts) and I can feel it.

I have been having cramping & bleeding due to the iud, but also feeling the cramping in that specific spot at times.

I probably won't get an apt. With the gyno before my vacation next week, which is in the middle of nowhere (no hospital near at all!). I'm just not sure it's safe to go??

What are the chances it will rupture? Any ideas? I dont want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with the pain of a ruptured :?: ovary.

Grrrrrrrrrrr
please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Re: Will It Burst??
valeroonie wrote:
so I had the iud inserted a month ago, and during a follow-up appointment, a complex cyst was found off my left ovary. They are unsure of the problem, and sending me to the gyno for further testing. All I know is that it's 5cm, complex (fluid & solid parts) and I can feel it.

I have been having cramping & bleeding due to the iud, but also feeling the cramping in that specific spot at times.

I probably won't get an apt. With the gyno before my vacation next week, which is in the middle of nowhere (no hospital near at all!). I'm just not sure it's safe to go??

What are the chances it will rupture? Any ideas? I dont want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with the pain of a ruptured :?: ovary.

Grrrrrrrrrrr
please help!

i've had at least 4 cysts in the past couple of years. Two I had removed surgically and the others went away on their own. I've never had one rupture. The first one I had was a dermoid cyst. What you describe sounds similar to a dermoid. When I had my dermoid I had to be very careful to not do anything that might cause it to rupture. Because of the contents of the dermoid, it could cause serious problem. Mine was the same size as yours. As soon as my doctor confirmed that is was the dermoid, I was scheduled for surgery asap. Even if you got an appt before your vacation, they probably wouldn't be able to let you know what it is right away. I would just be very careful. My doctor had told me not to do any strenuous activity like working out and stuff. Good luck. :d
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Dermoid?
Hey - thanks for the reply!

I was wondering what makes you think what I have is a dermoid? What symptoms are you noticing that were like yours?

Thanks again :wink:
|

replied August 1st, 2006
The description of the cyst, as fluid and solid parts. I don't know the technical description of a dermoid, but I did a lot of google searches when I had mine. Basically, it is an egg that starts to form. Usually attaches to the outside of the ovary. I have no idea how this happens, lol. The cyst will have things like bone, hair and fat in it. It's pretty gross. Even if that is not what it turns out to be, just take extra precaution in what you do until you can get to the dr and find out for sure what it is.

The symptoms i've had, have been the same with all of my cysts, dermoid or not. Mostly just a constant pain around my ovary, with occassional sharp pains. I feel tired, gassy, and have irregularities with urination and in my bowels. Sex can be very painful too. It's definitely not something to ignore.

Good luck with yours. I hope it turns out to be something very simple.
|

replied March 30th, 2009
cervical cancer
My aunt has had a cervical cancer for 2 years now. i think she is in her last stage. her tumor has burst and all type of fluid has come out. What happend next? does this mean that she has survied the cancer or know?
please help me!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...