Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Can't Wake Up- Worse Than Usual -help?

I am diagnosed with depression and taking meds for it but this past month I just can't wake up in the morning. It's not normal tired, it's like my body is in slowmotion and is too heavy to get up. I know myself pretty well and this is not just depression.

I do know it is making managing my depression much harder. I don't get much done in the early part of the day because I drag, and that's very frustrating.

I feel like I could sleep right into a coma. Yuc! My doctor just says everything has to do with my depression. It's starting to feel like just an easy answer.

Anyone have any ideas? Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Hi,

i'm like that too. I am on effexor and wellbutrin. My doc says it's not only the depression but it is also the meds. I am told that anti-depressants have a some sedation in them in order to help any anxiety. I hope this helps.
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Can't Wake Up.
Your meds may be too high. Ask the doctor if lowering the dosage may help you. I take paxil for depression and to help me sleep at night. Wink
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
Meds
Hello again,

actually, my doc just had me start taking the wellbutrin at a low dosage, the effexor is at the max dosage. The wellbutrin I take in the morning because it apparently doesn't have the same tiring effects and I now take the effexor at night because it does sedate.
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I have had promblems sleeping too.I suffer from depression and I am only 16 I have been suffering from ti for almost 3 years. I take wellburtion and seroquel. It is for anaxting. Sorry I cant spell good! And I take 25 mg at night and it makes me sleep so much better. And it doesnt bother me when I get up in the moring..

Like other people said maybe your meds are too strong. Do you go to bed late? That might also be the probmelm you just need to go to bed earlier and get up at the same time every moring. I hope I helped alittle bit

alison xoxo
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....