Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Why Does My Mind Tell Me I Hate God???? (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I love god with all my heart, but here lately these voices or thoughts in my head keep saying I hate god, and start saying mean things about god and I say outloud stop and I try not to think about I try to stop but my mind keeps saying I hate god... And I dont hate god.... I think ive lost my mind why is this doing this to me????? Does anyone elese have this problem.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mallorymarie
|

replied April 4th, 2009
I will pray for you.
it sounds like you are in a spiritual battle. Do you pray?
|
Users who thank joyfullynoisy for this post: Fairy Godmother 

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2009
Supporter
I will pray for you too!
Thats Satan trying to play with you girlfriend.........rebuke him back to hell. You need to ask God for strength and know that in your heart you love the Lord. If indeed you feel you are hearing voices... its time to see a Dr.
|

replied April 9th, 2009
hello
If you hear voices, I do think you need to see a doc. It may be anxiety, just get checked out. But you should know, God doesnt look at your mind, he looks at your heart. And in your heart you love him, he knows that. He created your mind so he knows exactly what you are experiencing. I promise Smile
|
Users who thank mallorymarie for this post: sdimportguy 

replied May 2nd, 2009
when I was a little girl, I remember the exact same thing happening to me several times. my mind would repeat over and over, "you hate god, you love the devil". I was only in grade school, so the relationship I had with god was the one imposed upon me (although not in a bad way)by the adults around me. these events completely terrified me! I thought that if I didn't love god, I would surely go to hell.
as an adult, I did a lot of research and religious soul searching, and am now athiest. I have respect for everyone's beliefs, but I do not believe that a single deity will determine our fate. I am no longer scared, and that is a big relief for me. the fact is, most people have religion because they are exposed to what is around them as children. some accept it into their adult lives, and some don't. any and all ways of looking at it are fine.
I say this because although you love your god, you may also be questioning your feelings on faith, and it is simply conflicting with what you have otherwise always believed. this can cause anxiety and panic. but you will be okay.
look into your questions, be calm, and have faith in yourself first and foremost. I am sure you will overcome your fears and will be just fine. good luck to you.
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
Dont feel down
I been through a similar time, when I was in my middle school years. "I love God then something goes no you don't." Its our head responding to the constant intentional and unintentional brainwashing. I am 27 now and have drawn a line with religion. I was raised catholic and made into a know it all. Know this; keep reading and pay attention to philosophy. We possibly come from a divine power but it is yet to reveal itself. Look at the word Evil and Good. Add D to evil and remove an O from Good. Its letter, number and word games plus mind control. Worry about what you can do to prosper for yourself and help change the world when you attain resources. Watch a movie called Zeitgiest.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
you are crazy!
|

replied June 17th, 2009
LOL, just remember to keep on LOLing, remember to keep Loving our Lord! LOL ("\(o_O)/") RAWR!
|

replied July 5th, 2009
it's just satan feeling your head full of lies, i sorta have the same problem thinking that God is going to reject me. just tell the devil he's a liar and rebook him in the name of jesus
|

replied November 16th, 2009
It sounds to me like you're suffering from Scrupulosity, a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that afflicts religious people. This has nothing to do with your faith, and it doesn't mean you need to pray more, or that God is angry with you, or anything like that. It's a nuero-biological disorder. OCD will typically bombard you with horrible intrusive thoughts--in your case, blasphemous thoughts--and then you're stuck obsessing over what the thought means, and praying or performing other rituals to try to cancel the bad thought. It's not your fault. I really hope you seek help from a therapist trained to work with OCD. You can get relief from these symptoms through exposure and response prevention therapy. Good luck to you.
|

Experienced User
I think this could be OCD as well. It's becoming an obsession--how to control your thoughts. OCD thoughts distract people from thinking about the real things that are bothering them. Being caught up with not having these thoughts is preventing you from thinking about other important issues--such as career, relationships, and your direction in life. With OCD, the more you try to avoid a thought, the more likely that you will have the thought! Perhaps it's also an expression of anger. Maybe you feel like you want a better life than you have or you've been treated unjustly. I'm just speculating! Even with that, it definitely sounds like OCD to me.
I hope you see a therapist. I really does help.
|

Extremely eHealthy
This isn't the devil. Given what you know of the Prince of Darkness would he waste time having a shouting match with you or would he trick you into renouncing your love of God?

This doesn't sound like OCD, you have a voice in your head that is dissenting you adamantly. It's not a nagging that something could be wrong, you're describing a voice that badgers you until you are compelled to shout out loud. Generally OCD is your own voice as well and from what you describe this sounds like you're hearing a voice not your own.

For the same reason I can't picture how this is doubts of your faith. Atheism isn't a dialogue. It is a sense that something is wrong with faith for a variety of reasons. What you're experiencing may be rooted in doubts about God that you're having trouble processing but the something else is going on here.

I'd suggest you speak with a mental health professional about this. There are a lot of disorders that can cause you to hear voices. Some are very dangerous if not treated.
|

User Profile
Supporter
This women asked this question three years ago and no one responded to her. i hope she still have the same email address.
a lot of people go through trials and tribulations and during there stress they feel deep down inside that it's God's fault because he has the power to change things.
i am not religious but spiritual and i talk to God and i think that you should to with what ever is on your mind.
when your 100% happy your thoughts are optimistic and when your stressed or depressed your thoughts can be negative, so what's on your mind.
|

Experienced User
I didn't look at the date it was posted!
I didn't know the post was so old!! Hopefully, things have improved for the person.
|

replied December 27th, 2009
Good Luck
you know i feel the same it might just be something bad that you hate about your life that is causing this to people.
|

replied December 27th, 2009
this is like the film of harry potter be strong fight bak dnt let this lie win!!!
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Ha hah you guys and gals are funny.
Heaven and hell, jesus and satan and everything is inside of you. Heaven and jesus is that which comes from love truth and unity. satan and hell is just when you believe in fear and separation and you resist life.
God is life itself. that infinite, universal creativity.
Good and Bad only exist inside your MIND! Look for them can you find them anywhere else. No, its just the interpretation of your mind saying that this is good and that is bad. Without your interpretation, what is; just is. And it is beautiful because it is god. All of it. Even the rapists murderers and theives. They are just confused about what they are.

So basically what has happened to you is that somewhere in your mind, consciously or unconsciously the thought has arisen that life is not OK. Bad/cruel even. Since God is everything that is. Life itself and your mind has judged life to be bad you are having problems with God. When you resist whatever form life takes you are resisting God. Resistance leads to fear, separation, and hell. Acceptance leads to unity, love and heaven. It is the atonement.

Investigate what specifically about life you are resisting. try and bring forgiveness/acceptance to it.
Relax you don't need to struggle. You are right where you need to be.
|

replied January 25th, 2011
If you are hearing voices, it is simple, you may be bi-polar or some degree of schizophrenic.

Contact a Psychologist as soon as possible.
Good luck to you!
|

replied January 28th, 2011
I was just browsing through trying to look up some of my symptoms when I saw this, I had to read it because I'm currently dealing with something similar, but my voices tell me I don't believe, but I do I believe in him more than anything I struggle with this mental battle atleast once everyday, reading all these replies were very comforting because I sincerely started thinking it would some how afflict my relationship with God, I read my bible every night and I pray, but to know that something so terrible would even enter my mind terrified me to anyone who knows God that reads this please pray for me. Thanks
|

replied July 14th, 2011
ive been having the same symptoms for a long time now. i dont like it at all and it upsets me cause i do believe in god and i love him but my mind tells me different that i hate him i pray and pray to him to help me. I thought i was the only one dealing with this but after reading these posts i guess im not. I need to go see someone to help me. pray for me thanks
|