Has this ever happend to any one else? I just went #2 sorry if tmi but there was blood in my poop not bright red but it was kinda dark now i'm scared to death....Is it normal
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Some one please answer
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
No it is not normal...... If it was bright red and when you wipe I would have said that is normal when you have constipation and you probably got a tear in your anus.

But dark blood in your poop can indicate ulcers as well as many other problems. Sorry to scare but you need to go and see your doctor.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Sometimes it is normal and sometimes it is not. As the poster said before you need to make your doctor aware of this. Your doctor will check you for hemroids and etc. Sometimes if you are constipated their are little vessles like that tear and etc and that can cause the bleeding they are very sensitive. Good luck to you and keep us posted
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Yesterday and the day before I did try and go to #2 and I couldn't do you think I was just constipadid and I tore some thing?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
There are tiny little vessles and one probally did tear. But I would still make your doctor aware of it. They might change something that you are eating or add something.. Good luck hun and just make sure that you let them know. And if you where constipated which in my thoughts I think you where then it would be normal..
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
It wasn't alot but it was in one piece of poop like one side of it
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
It doesnt matter I would still let your doctors know. They may even want to run a stool culture on you...
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If the blood is bright red, then it could be numerous things. Ie: pollups on your rectum, hemmeroids, or a tear in your rectum.

If the blood is dark red, then it has had time to pass through the intestines and colon. This is a more serious situation. If your stool had a dark black color to it, this indicates internal hemmorage somewhere.

Now if you wipe and there's little tiny clots and it hurts like all hell to poop, then you more than likely have a tear in your rectum.

After I had my baby, I would say when she was about a month old, I started having the same problem. But when I would wipe, there would be bright red blood clots and my poop was covered in blood clots ((tmi, I know, but relevent))

I immedietly called my ob/gyn and let him know. Well well I went in for my post pardom check up they did a pap and he opened my anus just to check for internal hemmoroids. He could see nothing that indicated internal hemmeroids but he did refer me to a general surgeon.

I waited about a week and learned that I couldn't push my poop. I had to let it literally come out on it's own. Sort of like when your baby's head is born and you have to deliver the shoulders and they make you breathe to distract you from pushing.

I haven't had any bleeding since i've paced my pooping! Hahaha...But you should still go to your .Dr. I've started a regimine of "benefiber" and lots of fiberous foods which has helped a little.

I still need to go see the general surgeon, but i'm terrified because I know they're gonna want to 'scope' me and it's an exit only if ya know what i'm sayin!! Hahaha...But this is no laughing matter, i'm just trying to lighten up the mood!!

Let us know what your doctor says about the situation!!

Sarah
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
[quote="babymajic0506"]if the blood is bright red, then it could be numerous things. Ie: pollups on your rectum, hemmeroids, or a tear in your rectum.

If the blood is dark red, then it has had time to pass through the intestines and colon. This is a more serious situation. If your stool had a dark black color to it, this indicates internal hemmorage somewhere.

Now if you wipe and there's little tiny clots and it hurts like all hell to poop, then you more than likely have a tear in your rectum.

After I had my baby, I would say when she was about a month old, I started having the same problem. But when I would wipe, there would be bright red blood clots and my poop was covered in blood clots ((tmi, I know, but relevent))

I immedietly called my ob/gyn and let him know. Well well I went in for my post pardom check up they did a pap and he opened my anus just to check for internal hemmoroids. He could see nothing that indicated internal hemmeroids but he did refer me to a general surgeon.

I waited about a week and learned that I couldn't push my poop. I had to let it literally come out on it's own. Sort of like when your baby's head is born and you have to deliver the shoulders and they make you breathe to distract you from pushing.

I haven't had any bleeding since i've paced my pooping! Hahaha...But you should still go to your .Dr. I've started a regimine of "benefiber" and lots of fiberous foods which has helped a little.

I still need to go see the general surgeon, but i'm terrified because I know they're gonna want to 'scope' me and it's an exit only if ya know what i'm sayin!! Hahaha...But this is no laughing matter, i'm just trying to lighten up the mood!!

Let us know what your doctor says about the situation!!

How would I know if it was some thing like an internal hemmorage I have never been hurt in any way to have that
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
It was normal color brown so what do you think
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm no .Dr, so I really can't say. Ya know?

You'd have to ask your .Dr what he/she thinks about the situation.

If it's normal coloring, how does it indicate blood in any way? You might have just eaten something that had a reaction to your poop.

Sarah
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
I'am at wotk so I was in a hurry to go before some one came in my office because i'm the only one here today so maybe I just poped a vessel
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Re:
Do you have any pain anywhere. It happened to me once and I found out I had a bladder infection. Or you could have hemorrhoid.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Definitely ask your doctor!
Blood coming out can be bad, I had that before, not dark though, and I was already seeing a gi doctor, he just had me do this culture thing at home and then I mailed it back to get the results. It luckily came back with nothing so he thought it probably was just a tear. I had a cousin that had blood and it ended up being ibd, he got blood even before pain.
I know it can be super embarrassing to ask, but just think that they talk to people with way grosser things than that! It is there job and if they cared they wouldn't be doing it.
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, please go to the Dr., even if it is just to relieve your conscious and ours too please tell your dr what is happening. Please let us know what you find out!
All the best to you and yours!
|

replied July 31st, 2006
Experienced User
Ok it hasn't happend sense so I guess it was some thing simple
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I would still make your doctor awre of the situation, especially just incase it happens again
|

replied July 31st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hemoroids are very common during pregnancy and this sounds like you may have one inside you. They can get irritated when you push hard and when your stool is hard.

I agree with what everyone else said, there is no harm mentioning this to your doctor.

Good luck!
|

replied July 6th, 2009
I have the same thing. Though my poop is regular color, it has little blood vessels in it. so maybe i popped a vessel on the way out or something. Ill ask my doctor the next time i go in.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...