Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Age Difference Question!

Hi, im 17 and the girl who im in love with is 14, is this too young of a relationship? We are not going out as of now but I think it might happen soon.. But im not sure if the age difference is too far apart! Thanx!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 30th, 2006
A lot of people have many different views on this subject, I honestly think that if you believe your serious about your relationship and feel as if there's love there that an age difference should not matter at all. My girlfriend is almost 2 years older than me and it isn't a problem at all. The only thing I would say is make sure its ok with her parents. Other than that, good luck. Hope I could have helped a little.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
The age gap isn't much but she is a little young to be in a real relationship in my eyes.Like scary guy said,make sure her parents approve of it.Why would you want a 14 year old anyway?
|

replied August 4th, 2006
Yah I do kinda agree.. I mean it may not b a problem.. Now.. But once ur 18 it will b.. The hole illegal thing.. B careful.
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2006
Experienced User
When I was 14 my boyfriend was 17 and I can still confidently say it was the best time of my life. Our maturity level was equal, we had a lot in common, and everything was great. Mind you he was 16 for many of the months but still.
It's actually becoming fact that girls mature 3 years faster than males, therefore in mental conditions, they would be the same age. He doesn't want a 14 year old because he wants a 14 year old, he wants her because he's in love with who she is.
I say go for it
i've always been a sucker for older guys myself anyhow, just make sure her parents know.
Good luck brother :)
|

replied February 12th, 2007
Well i've been wondering about this question for a really long time now. I've wondered about the whole 2-3 year age difference and wuthnot. See i've asked my friend and most of them say its just really gross or weird well cuz of the stupid age difference. But I really dont get it because my parent's age difference is like 10 years apart which means that my 2-3 years is nothing compared to that and they're married. Apparently its not wrong if your an adult. Well i've come up with 3 decisions.

1.) I could wait till shes 18 and im 21 and we can be happy together.

2.) ask her out now and not care what my friends say.

3.) just stay friends and hope the feelings will subside.
|
Quick Reply