Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Pregnancy After Hysterectomy?!

Hi! Ive been lurking for awhile so I thought I would post something. I am 34 yrs old and have 3 kids. I had a hysterectomy when I was 25, almost 9 years ago. (the doc took my uterus, cervix and left ovary out) well, for the last 4-5 wks I have been feeling fetal movement! Not only that, but I have had nausea with certain smells and when I eat and my areola's have become darker. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. (i have a history of taking 5-6 ob tests and all of them came out negative yet I was ob with my 3 kids) I have done alot of research and have found that there are some cases of women (on the net) who have become pregnant after a hysterectomy. I was amazed! What do you all think? Could I be pregnant? What else would cause the fetal movement or my sx? Thanks!
Jeannine
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 28th, 2006
Hi,

if I were you I would see my doctor immediately. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Take care,

b
|

replied August 11th, 2006
I am experiencing the same things. I had my tvh dec 2,2003 and the past few months I have had alot of symptoms, I have gained 30#, I look and feel 6 months pregnant, lower left abdomen pains, and it feels just like wen I was pregnant with my sons, I had my uterus, cervix and tubes removed but I still have my ovaries. I go to the Dr. August21st. Good luck to ya and youre not alone here. :roll:
|

Experienced User
Hi
Susan70~

wow! I am so glad that im not the only one going through this!! My fiance has told me atleast twice in the last few weeks that it looks like my abdomine is getting larger, while the rest of me remains the same..Who knows?! Good luck with your doctors appt! I will be thinking of you :) please keep me/us posted!

Jeannine
|

Hey
Jeannine~ im just glad we have one another to talk to we know wat we are feelin no one else, just remember it could be alot of things causing our symptoms. The new england journal of medicine has proof of 3 women who carried abdominal babies and the women and babies survived . Totally freaky huh? With this world and the way things are going and happening anything is possible, so no one can say it is impossible for it has happened. Just keep an open mind and know there are many things that we could be having. Ill keep ya posted hun!!!God bless
|

replied August 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Definetly!
Susan~

hi! :) you're right!! I have read numerous searches of women who had babies after a hysterectomy..Mind you, a few of them were already pregnant when they had their surgery. It is very rare, though!

Its been almost 2 months since I began to feel the "fetal" movements and they are getting stronger! My fiance, mike, is telling me that my abdomine is getting larger, but the rest of me is remaining "normal"..Go figure. I dont know what to think! Good luck to you, and keep me posted!

Jeannine
|

replied August 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Definetly!
Susan~

hi! :) you're right!! I have read numerous searches of women who had babies after a hysterectomy..Mind you, a few of them were already pregnant when they had their surgery. It is very rare, though!

Its been almost 2 months since I began to feel the "fetal" movements and they are getting stronger! My fiance, mike, is telling me that my abdomine is getting larger, but the rest of me is remaining "normal"..Go figure. I dont know what to think! Good luck to you, and keep me posted!

Jeannine
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2006
Community Volunteer
See the announcement at the top regarding pregnancy and hysterectomy.
|
Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....