Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Kayacking With a Hip Replacement

Has anyone ever kayacked with a hip replacement and if so, how do you enter the boat? Surgeon's remarks, it will surpass the 90% angle however not to surpass the 90% angle when cycling hills. Since we've just finished the tour de' france, if floyd comes back riding the alps with the replacement, he'll be over the 90% limit. Several weeks ago, the surgeon moreless corrected himself by saying "those guys will do anything for money" - back to the 90% with kayacking - has anyone had the experience & if so, please post your comments.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am sorry that I cannot answer your question but I am redirecting it to another forum where hopefully you can get more answers. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....