Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Postponing Menstrual Cycle By 1 Week...

I recently made an appointment for a colposcopy (examination and biopsy of cervical tissue) but realized that the day for which it's scheduled is right smack in the middle of my period. Once in the past, I delayed my period for a week by switching the first week of my next pack with the final week of my current pack, but i'm not sure whether this is the best idea or even a healthy choice. I know that I have heard of people switching their period around with b/c for big events like vacations or honeymoons, so I know it's possible--but how should I do it?

(i can't switch the appointment unless absolutely essential because I am going to be out of town for two weeks following it, and the colposcopy is relatively urgent.)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, just skip the placebo pills, and continue into the next pack!

This may not work 100% though, many women will still spot or bleed even if they do intend to skip the period.Monophasic pills work best for skipping a period.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...