Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Urgent Im 15 And Afraid of Melanoma!

So here is what my issue is. Last night out of nowhere a mole that I have had since I could remeber was itchy as with the surrounding area. The mole I have has always been the same size and seemingly color (brown). What im scared about is that the mole was itchy and looks like theres a redlining under the mole. I asked my mom to make a doctors appointment and the only one avaible is for tuesday. Is that too long of a wait??

Also before the itching started I had a glass of sprite, after I took a shower the itching seemed to have stopped im not sure but I remeber I had a burning or stining feeling either during the itching or after. I have also noticed small white hair like things coming out of the mole (2 "white things")..I have no idea what they could be...Or any of this...Please help!

Please respond i've been on the brink of tears all day.

Thanks!

Last edited by John117 on July 21st, 2006 02:15 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Relax. No, .Tuesday is not that far away.

I have moles everywhere. And even had some biopsied.

Your doctor will look at it with a scope and tell you what he thinks it is. And possibly biopsy it, but you are more than likely fine.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Supporter
Tuesday Will Be Fine!
Hi, had malignant melanoma removed 6 years ago. Also had 3 lymph nodes removed to ensure a cancer cell had not "traveled"...I have been clean ever since! You mole, which you say has been there for a long time has not changed in size or color? I had a little mole "pop up" from no where on the back side of my leg. I in fact, thought I had a deer tick on hte back of my leg. It was black.....Had it removed, biopsied, and it indeed was melanoma.....Not the end of the world! Caught in time, almost always curable! You are young and very wise to have caught this and paid attention. Also a smart move to get an appointment. So many people put off or wait.........And then its not a good thing. You have done everything you can do, which is a good thing. The hardest part is the waiting and finding out.... I'm an old worry wart too. I have learned though that time is too valuable to waste worrying over things we can not control. You've done everything possible to take care of the situation. Try to relax and have a good weekend. Keep us posted, will be waiting to see how things go for you!
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!
These features are not suggestive of malignant lesion. You should not be much concerned about it.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.