Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

My Chemically Dependant Mom Takes Amphetamine Comb

My mother has been to rehab twice. Once for drug addiction (marijuana and methamphetamine), and once a couple years later for gambling addiction. About a year or maybe 2 ago, she was diagnosed with add or adhd not quite sure which one, and was prescribed a generic pill labeled amphetamine comb. This prescription has her bouncing off walls and staying up for several days at a time, she is very irritable and our relationship has completely fallen apart. She is constantly angry and verbally abusive to my two younger siblings ages 17 + 13. I can't find any information on the web concerning anyy drugs called amphetamine comb. Her doctor als0 gave her a little device that crushes the pill and makes it able fr her to inhale it. This seems very very wrong to me but nobody else involved takes my concerns seriously, due to our failed relationship. About 2 weeks ago I stole 2 of her pills so I could see for myself how similar it is to street meth, I ate 1 pill whole, and my girlfriend ate 1 pill whole, quite frankly a tweaker would love it, I was up all night doodling in my notebook, it felt exactly like the meth I used to use on occasion. I was just wondering if her doctor is doing anything illegal by prescribing her this medication in minnesota, and if there is nything I can do, so that we can have a relationship again. Should I report her doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Just out of curiosity have you ever been to this doctor with your mom and met and talked with him in the office?
|

replied July 20th, 2006
No, but my girlfriend spoke with her doctor about this subject, and her doctor suggested that my mother was doing something illegal. I just can't find any relevent information
|

replied July 20th, 2006
I don't belive she has actually met her doctor, her doctor bills come from some sort of business with the name doctor in it, like national accredited doctors association inc., or something like that.
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Sorry For the Multiple Posts
I need some sort of documentation to show my dad, so he can get her help, because he doesn't believe my accusations.
|

replied July 20th, 2006
You may need to get ahold of your local better business beaure,since you have the name of where her bills come from you can ask bbb about them and the ama
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
They do have some information for it on the internet if you type in amphetamine combination. Good luck to you and I would see if you could talk to her dr about what is going on on the qt. As these pills may not be coming from the Dr. Do you have an .Aunt or someone else that you might be able to talk to about this athat might be able to help you? If you crush certain pills and snort them, they can give you a buzz, iam not a Dr., but I cannot see a dr telling her this.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....