What are some natural ways of inducing labor that actually work? When is it safe to start trying them?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
There are a lot of wive's tales surrounding this. Some say spicy food. Some say castor oil (i would not recommend this, by the way, unless you want a raging case of diarrhea). Some say sex. Nipple stimulation. Walking, etc, etc.
The reality is it is the baby who decides. The baby releases a hormone or something that triggers your body to begin labor and start producing hormones that start labor.

How far a long are you? I know pregnancy is difficult, but these are the very last days you will have your baby all to yourself. Treasure those, you will never get them back. Also get a lot of sleep. Paint your toenails (if you can still reach!). Read a book for more than just a few pages at a time, do all the alone things you can possibly think of because in a few short weeks you won't be alone for more than moments at a time.
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ive also been thinking of them in case I actually do get as far as 42 weeks, but I doubt I will
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes
I am 35 weeks along. Last night I have been suffering from lower abdominal pain every 5-10 minutes for about a hour and a half. I also had a very watery dicharge but that has gone away. I also have lower back pain, and feels like the baby is pushing down on my pelvis. This is my fisrt baby so i'm not sure who too call or what to do when. I still get the abdominal pain just not as often.
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
If you're worried you should contact your midwife and discuss it with her
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You can call your doctor any time you have a question. When you ring the office just ask if you can speak with his nurse. She will talk to him for you.

They say, if you have more than 4-6 (i can't remember exactly) contractions in an hour, to call.

At 35 weeks it is not safe to have a baby and they will stop contractions if you start. You are not considered full term until 36+ weeks.
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I agree, they usually try and stop labour if you are before 36 weeks as it is considered not safe for you and the baby. The would want you to go full term before giving birth
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...