Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Am I Infertile?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Well i have been having unprotected sex on and off for about 2 years with my boyfriend. I got pregnant in November and had a miscariage in December. Since then i went on birth control for about a week and then got off it on and off for about 3 months. Since then i havent gotten pregnant. I tried for 2 months to get pregnant. I havent been on birth control for 3 months and i had sex on my suposed ovulation day and i have been having sex almost everyday... But still nothing has happen. Im just wondering if there is something wrong with me and i cant get pregnant. I guess you should also know that in the past i have had pelvic pains that happen every once and a while.

So my question is, Do you think im infertile and i cant get pregnant and i should be worried? Could i have a disease? Will i ever get pregnant again? Is there something i can do help get me pregnant?


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2006
Pregnancy Answer A1234
There are many possible causes that may explain your current symptoms. Firstly, you have been pregnant and miscarried once already. Second, one of the side effects of birth control pills is lack of ovulation after coming off them. Women usually need a few moths to establish their ovulation again. You can hope to get pregnant in the following months. If nothing happens, you can go to your gynecologist together with your boyfriend. You can both be examined...he for his sperm count, and you for hormonal function. Your gynegologist can help explain all of the examinations required to investigate the health of the reproductive system.
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.