Unlike some people I know, I do not believe that magnets are the cure for mortality. I do believe that they can increase longevity though. What do you guys think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2004
I'm not out to put down magnetic therapy altogether, but it is true that most of those magnets you can buy for pain and longevity and what not are useless. The magnets in them are so weak that they cannot even hold up a paperclip through more than two sheets of paper. In other words, there's no possible way they could reach past your skin. Although stronger magnetic fields may or may not help, the magnet would probably too greatly affect metal objects around you to be plausible. Think of an mri machine. If it takes a machine that big to look into you using magnetic fields, than how can such a small magnet affect you? Whatever that guy above me is talking about, I wouldn't bolt headlong into something that seems too good to be true, since it's usually not. If you want to try magnetic therapy, you're better off tying a refridgerator magnet to yourself than paying alot for something just as effective. Talk to your doctor before doing anything, he'll probably know more than I do. It's very possible there are alternative medicines that deal with magnetic fields that I have not heard of. I do believe in many alternative medicines myself, I am actually working toward my second degree in reiki. I, however, don't see alternative medicine as a cure all. You're probably better off with conventional medication to it's practical limit. Alternative medicine is just that, an alternative once conventional medicine is not a practical option.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
|

replied February 6th, 2004
The nonbiased, peer reviewed research that has been done on magnate’s show they do not help anymore than the placebo effect.

"conventional medicine is now run primarily by pharmaceutical companies. It is all about the almighty dollar for most physicians.
For the most part they do not even know what the prescriptions really do and what their side effects are. They do not really care, because most are getting some form of kick-back from the drug makers. "

there is big money in alternative therapies and the same form of corruption can and does happen in that industry!!! There are many effects of herbs that we don't know about!!!
|
Quick Reply