User Profile
Hi, i'm an 18 year old girl and i'm the type of person who looks for things that are wrong with me.

My suspicions of colon cancer started like 1.5 months ago when I was constapated. I automatically thought of an obstruction in my colon and I ended up sitting on the toilet several times pushing my hardest so I could prove to myself there was no tumor obstructing my bowels. I didn't go for like a week and then when I finally did go, there was blood in my stool...Sort of marbled through...It was bright red.

Ever since then ive had blood in my stool but as of the last week and a half or 2 weeks its starting to be less and less blood. Ive never had any in the toilet bowl or on my toilet paper, only in my stool. So do you think im over reacting and I just gave myself hemorrhoids when I was trying to "unconstipate" myself or should I be really concerned? Someone please help im really miserable and I think about it all of the time.

*i also dont have a good water or fiber intake

-k

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2006
Colon Cancer Answer A1223
Blood in the stool always has to be taken seriously. The most common reason for blood in the stool is bleeding hemorrhoids, but a tumor in the colon must first be excluded before coming to this conclusion. For that reason, a colonoscopy is indicated in the diagnostic procedure. Regarding constipation, you may use a laxative the next time you have the same problem. Go immediately to your GP (general practitioner)!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.