Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Changing Pill--start Date? Confused.

Okay, so I had to get a new supply of bc pills--they're the same kind. Orthonovum 1/35. I got a years supply in advance because i'm moving away from home for another year, blahblahblah.

I am now on the first day of my period (saturday) and I want to start a new pack instead of finish the green sugar pills from my old pack on a sunday start....Can I do that?? I guess it's just like starting a new pack...Right? I'm just confused. Tomorrow is sunday and I guess I could take the first pill of my new pack tomorrow....Will that work?

Another question--i'm going to be moving out of the country and it's 11 hours ahead, so my pill time will get screwed up, basically. How the hell do I manage this? Can I change the time I take my pill tomorrow when I start a new pack? I'm not going to be having sex for like a month because my boyfriend is in russia (where i'm moving), so I guess I can start this new pack tomorrow on a sunday instead of finishing my old pack and start at a new time, which I will have to start taking gradually and adjust it to the 11 hours ahead time--i hate taking it at night but i'll have to do that here in order to be able to take it in the morning there when the pill actually matters there and has a point.

Damnit, i'm so confused with all of this. Anyone help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, you can start your pill tommorow, but since you are switching you most likely may notice breakthorugh bleeding or spotting..Just to inform you.

Since there is a time difference you need to take the pill tommorow at a time that will ensure you do not take your pill too late. It is best to take the pill within a 3-5 hour window, but if you take it too much later you are risking having the hormone levels change drastically.
|

replied July 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
What I tell some women to do is keep a clock set to the time of the country where you left, that way you will always take it at the same time..Of course when you move it will get easier!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...