Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

birth control high blood pressure

Hi everyone, I need some advice.

I'm 17 and I want to get on birth control. The thing is, i'm really afraid of hormones. I already have headaches, high blood pressure, brest tenderness. Plus i'm overweight and I don't want to gain anymore.

What would be the best option for me since I don't want to go the hormonal route?

I want something that's easy to use, can't feel during sex, and effective. Well, that's my dream. Lol

condoms are going to be used, this will just be my back up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well, nuva ring is a hormonal method that is such a low dose, that it could be a good option.

Or the copper iud would be the best bet. I have a copper iud because I cannot use hormones! Planned parenthood is usually the best bet at getting an iud if you are under 18.

A copper iud is non hormonal, no side effects, and more effective than the pill.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....