Anyone have an opinion on at what week will I be when my babys would have a good chance of living if I did go into labor early?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
I read this yesterday - I think it said 26 weeks or maybe it was 28 weeks, one of the 2. How far along are you???
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Its about that 26 or something like that. Keep in mind the success rate even at the earliest for survival isnt good.
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You should discuss this with your doctor. No one here can tell you anything about what your risks are, or how old your babies should be. That is something even doctors aren't always correct on.

You must be seeing your peri every other week or so, what does he have to say?
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I am 22 weeks I see my doc every week and all he has said is that I have a higher chance with twins to go in to pre term labor but not to worry
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Most twins deliver around 30 weeks + and by then, they have an awesome chance of survival. Just be aware of preterm labor signs so if you ever experience them, you can have it stopped in time.
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Experienced User
If you do go into labour early then there are steriods that they give you to help with the babys lung developement and drugs they give you to try and stop the labour all to increase their chances of survival.
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I was really ill with my first child, they told me in order for my pressure to go back down and stop making me so sick I would have to deliver him. I had advised them that I was not going to deliver him because one of the doctors told me that if he was to 27 weeks along that he would have a lot better chance to make it. I was given steroid shots to develope the lungs.

Provided that I didn't go into labor with him but I was told by many of the doctors that as long as I ws 27-28 weeks along his chances were better than 26 or less. So somewhere between 27-30 weeks isn't really ok to deliver but if they have to come it would be better after that time. But since you are being monitered very well I think that you will be fine. They can (in most cases) stop pre-term labor. And give you a little more time.
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks everyone
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...