I have read a variety of things about sex during pregnancy...

Most of the time, they say it is safe until towards the very end (last month or less) of pregnancy, unless you are at high risk of preterm labor.

I am carrying twins, so I assume this is considered "high risk", so when should my boyfriend and I stop? I am in my 25th week of pregnancy now and I read somewhere (i can't seem to refind the source) that during the third trimester I should refrain from sexual activity, anything leading to orgasm, as to avoid preterm labor. Is this true?

I just want to be sure i'm safe now that there's only a few months left.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
There are so many different theories out there...Plenty of docs say its safe to have sex all the way until the end. For me personally, I hadnt had sex for a month and then the night I did, I acutally went into labor. My son was 11 days early. So for me, it did in fact induce labor. I do however believe that sex will not induce a baby that is not ready. My son was considered full term.
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You need to talk to your doctor about this. You will get varying degrees of advice from everyone ~ only your doctor can say what is right for you!
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ingi even drs have different opinions....

Its up to you my dear there is different terms on sex and the reason they ask high risk preggos not to have sex is for the fact that sperm, can actually stimulate labour as well as contractions from an orgasm. I was allowed to have oral sex just not sex I was considered high risk but after 36 weeks I said screw it and had sex, guess what my son was late lol!
|

replied June 29th, 2006
If I get a chance to ask the doctor, I will. Last time I was in, though (monday), my dad was in the room with me. I don't really want to ask that around a parent 'cause they don't know my sexual habbits and I don't feel they need to.

I was also going to ask when I went to my earn while you learn appointment, but it's at the pregnancy center and they're christian... I felt they might not like me talking about that, especially considering my situation (even though i'm not christian and it doesn't bother me).

I don't feel so bad having sex, but certain positions are in fact difficult and I can feel the pressure when my boyfriend's on top, which can be uncomfortable, but from behind it still feels fine. If it's the sperm I need to worry about, then I can always stick to anal (i can get off to that, also). I just don't like the idea of being banned from sex for a few months--that's a long time for someone!
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
When ur preggo missionary is almost impossible and it does hurt like a !**@! sometimes, doggy style, spooning you on top work best there are others just giving you the basics
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Thank you. We've made missionary work, but I do find from behind to be easiest. I don't have the confidence to be on top while preggo, so unfortunately I won't be doing that for a while.
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Another to go on top is get him to sit on a chair with arm rests and just balance urself with the arm rest another thing in the shower works too christ I thinks ive donw the majority

type sex with sue in google she has a section on sex during pregnany shes a nurse/knowledgable in sex awesome advice!!
|

replied July 1st, 2006
Okay, thank you. :d I will look into that sex with sue thing.

See, we've done a lot of those things before, just haven't tried it while i'm pregnant. I personally prefer it from behind, so the fact that seems to be easy to do right now doesn't bother me. :lol:

this is quickly turning into a thread about sexual positions... Let's get back on track a bit. ^_^' I am still curious for opinions on having sex while pregnant with twins. I'm in my 25th week and my boyfriend and I figured it's a good time to be stopping for a while, so we don't induce labour or anything, but if anyone knows otherwise i'd be glad to hear about it.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...