Well my boyfriend who I have not seen or talked to in over a year messaged me claiming I gave him hiv but that makes no sense because I was tested twice while pregnant and hiv never showed up and he joined the military a couple months after we broke up and they test you for everything and hiv did not show up in his blood.

I know he slept with people after me and I think he is just assuming I gave it to him because I have herpes.

I am just worried, I am going to get tested and hopeing to hear I am totally fine but then I am afraid I am going to be told I have it.

If I do have it which me and my family really doubt, how long will I have to live? Is it possible to live to an old age and die of natural causes?

I heard some music guy named johnny cash had aids and lived to an old age.

I am just so scared because I am only 19 and I have a two year old son. He already does not have a father and if I have hiv and die he wont have a mother. :cry:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Im so sorry you are having to go through with this. The best thing I can say is to get tested and put your mind at ease. I once had a boyfriend and when we broke up he claimed I gave him something. Well I went and got tested and sure enough had nothing. He wanted someone to blame so he didnt look bad when others found out. I hope and pray you dont, please keep me informed. Make sure you tell this man if this is a joke its very cruel and not funny in the least bit way
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I keep trying to put my mind at ease but every now and then hiv just pops in my head and I break into tears.

I have a son who will be two july 8th and he already has no father and if I have hiv I may end up dying.

All I have really been doing all day is laying around, I tried to get out and have fun with my son but I just couldn't and I can not even freaking eat because I am so worried.

I was thinking earlier today that maybe my ex boyfriend is confusing hiv with hpv which is warts and yes I do have that as well. My ex boyfriend is stupid enough to do that.

I was looking at people with hiv stories and I have seen many where people lived to an old age and did not even end up dying from the hiv, they ended up dying from natural causes.

I am not sure but I heard some singer johnny cash had aids since he was young and he lived to be an old man.

My family is telling me I am worrying myself for nothing and I am trying to go with them on it and my dad was telling me he had a cousin who slept with a man with aids and died but his cousin and their 3 kids never got the aids.. Another words if he did have hiv when he slept with me their is a chance I did not catch it.

The doctor is calling me tomorrow to set up a counseling section, for some reason they do counseling before doing hiv/aids test, I guess just in case you do.
|

replied June 28th, 2006
I know its hard just try to stay calm until you find out. I know that the unknown is more painful than the known. I kinda feel your pain. I am worried that I might have cervical cancer because of a abnormal pap. I also have hpv and havent had the colposcopy done that I should have in over a year due to no insurance. So now I am jumping the gun and feel I have cancer and am going to die. I have a little 9 month old girl as well. Just take it easy and dont stress yourself or you are going to convince yourself you do have hiv and it will ruin your life
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I hope everything goes well for you.

I remember when I was told I may of had cervical cancer. I was 17 and had just had my son a few weeks ago but luckily it turned out to be a false alarm. My doctor thought I had it due to unormal papsmears but we later found out I had two std's and that was what was causing it.

I have been listning to music a lot because it seems like when I listen to music I am just in a whole nother world and it keeps my mind off things.

I find it so cruel this would happen now,i have finally started being happy with my life. I have went back to school to get my ged and I am now driving and looking for a job and I just got a really great boyfriend.

:cry: go figure when I start getting my life and think nothing more bad is going to happen,,boom here comes one of the most terrible things ever
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Well I got my test done today and I am going to get the results back tommorow or monday and my doctor is very sure everything is going to be fine.

She said a lot of the same things I said. He could be confusing hiv with hpv and if he entered the military they would of tested him for everything and it would of shown up then so he had to of got it after he entered the military.

She also said that he could of found out he had the std I have and had got really angry and claimed he has hiv to upset me and scare me.

My nerves are now almost totally calm since going to the doctors and I am very sure I don ot have it now, I could finally eat something today. My nerves were so a wreck I could not eat anything.

She ended up talking to me after the blood work but when I went for the blood work I bursted into tears..She should of talked to me before hand..I felt so embarrassed crying in front of people
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....