I'm still in a dilemma about how to tell my parents...Did any of you girls find it awkward being arounf your parents while you were/are pregnant?? Because once I start to show I think its going to be super awkward!

I'm kinda stressed out about what to do... I recently got a letter in the mail saying i'm accepted to a college starting in january... And my parents know about the acceptance letter. But I really don't see the point in going at all, since I will have the baby soon after that. My mom keeps nagging me to confirm my acceptance, but i'm not ready to tell her I won't be going....She'll be crushed.

I want to go, but I know its just not practical to start college right before I have a baby... The money could be better spent elsewhere. Has anyone ever gone through college and had a baby at the same time? I;m just so confused... I want to get an education, but my boyfriend makes good money (with only a highschool education) and I don't think I will have the time....Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well once you break the news it wont seem as ackward...But you should really consider telling them pretty soon because the sooner the better...They might even be more disappointed if you hold off...But as for the school thing ....Umm I was in high school when I had my son and im still going to college and all ...You shouldnt drop your life just because your having a baby--plus what if your babys father and you dont end up spending the rest of your life together--where will you get money ...And not being mean or no offence but when you have a job outside of hs without some kind of schooling ....Its not very stable ...You could get layed of or fired at anytime..And you need to have back up if that ever happens to your man...I think you should consider telling your parents and making plans for your future before you make a big mistake and ruin yours and the babies future...Not being mean just telling it like I see it..And I mean this all out of total niceness because I had to be told the same things...But as for going to college ..You could always wait till the next semester or even the next year...But make sure you do go because it would be the best thing for you and baby I promise!
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
You might want to do a search on posts too. Ashley (i think it was ash) had this problem a while back and we gave her lots of advice. When she finally did tell her parents, it went alot better than she expected and they were real supportive. Hope that'll help some.
|

replied June 28th, 2006
I wrote my dad a letter put it on the bed then left the house to go to a friends house. But in the letter it said to give me a call when u cool down or dont give me a call and ill return the next day. By the time I told him I was already 5 months and he said he knew something was up so he wasn't that mad. Now he's proud to show him off, so he took the whole a lot better than I thought.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: What to Do...
I did I hated it! I didnt know what to do when I was sat down I felt they where looking at me all the time. I hated it. I thought they where disctsted with me. And im 19. I dont have my baby anymore, I had a termination for many reasons. But I didnt like being pregnant and living at home. , I totally understand what u mean[quote="sophie585"]i'm still in a dilemma about how to tell my parents...Did any of you girls find it awkward being arounf your parents while you were/are pregnant??Quote]
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah at this point in time i'm sooo glad i'm not living at home... I'm really thinking I should just put college off....The money could be so better spent elsewhere...And i'll be able to work more and save more before I have the baby...And I still haven't told my parents :s....I'm thinking on waiting until i'm maybe 3 months along...I don't really know why but to me that seems like a reasonable time...Thanx for the advice girls!
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
I think three months is very reasonable. Most people wait until that time anyway, since at the three month mark the risk of miscarriage is reduced.

Good luck, you have a lot of tough decisions to make. Is there anyway you could tell your parents before you have to respond to college? Maybe you would be able to work something out with them. You may be surprised at how much help they can be.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...