Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Lines On My Lower Back (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
A couple weeks ago I was coming out of the shower and noticed 3 horizontal red lines along my back. I thought they were just from the way I had been sleeping, but they never went away. My buddy said he thought they were scars but ive never been cut there. Can scars just appear like that? Or what else could it be? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Airmike
|

replied June 25th, 2006
No ideas?
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
i have the exact same thing! does anyone know what this is?
|

replied July 12th, 2009
i have the same thing!!
im a healthy body weight and body shape too.
its really worrying me cause it seems like they just appeared. i havnt moved weight or grew either.
|

replied July 12th, 2009
same with me, and it seems the lines continue to multiply, like now i have maybe 10. While it started with 3? It's really strange! People see them and ask me how i cut my back, because they look like scars. But ive never been cut there
|

replied January 21st, 2010
ive got the same thing,thair slightly raised and there is abut 4 of them,had them for 2 years bt thay dont hurt or anything???wierd
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2010
My daughter has the same thing! She's 15 and maybe a couple months ago I saw these lines on her back and I asked her how she got them. No idea! Nothing happened that she would have cut herself, but they looked like cuts without the blood. Now they're raised and look like cut scars! It's W E I R D! Anyone? I wonder if it's connected to this: she also is losing little patches of her skin color (she's a nice, slightly olive color). Anyone else have that?
|

replied November 11th, 2012
Lines on the back
Wow, amazed to hear that so many have experienced this. My daughter is 15 and has those same lines on her back for about a year now. I was somewhat afraid to take her to the doctor as I thought I'd be accused of whipping her! She has no recollection of being scratched or hurt on her back. She does carry an extremely heavy backpack and she has also grown (validatig the stretch mark theory). Everyone please keep posting what you find out!
|

replied March 29th, 2010
I believe I have found the answer
They are most likely stretch marks caused by a fast growing person.
|

replied April 5th, 2010
If you google Striae you will find descriptions as well as photos of the condition. Ehealth will not let me post links to the sites.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
I have it too, i am a 24 yr old healthy guy, i got on 3-4 lines at d center of my lower back, and 4-5 lines on the sides, i''ve termed them Tiger & Shark Lines, since theres no solution its better to feel that way about it Razz
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
i have them to im a girl and i have about 3 and when i feel them they are raised. i am 15 and people tell me they look like scars.
|

replied July 21st, 2012
I have this same exact problem, I noticed the, this summer whilst swimming in my pool a lot, I'm 14 and I thought they might have been scratches at first but they wont go away... They are raised, I can feel them
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
I may have found a cure for the red purple lines across the back
My daughter has the same thing and they were actually growing in length and width and become deeper. they actually looked like someone had taken a whip to her and these were the scars left over. But of course she didn't have a clue how she got them. I have made an ointment and yesterday I put some on her two times and guess what? the lines have receded dramatically I can't believe it, I will post back as soon as I know that the lines have gone forever. I do not think that they are stretchmarks (they could be, but then I would have found a remedy for stretchmarks which experts say you cannot cure). So I think that maybe it is a very strange type of fungus or even displaced cells due to carrying a heavy backpack to school everyday. I will keep you informed over the next week. Feeling extremely positive right now. And she is overjoyed.
|

replied December 4th, 2011
I appreciate this being here; for a year now my therapist and parents were under the impression i was whipped.
|

replied June 12th, 2012
I so thought I was like the only person with these lines on my back. :/
I thought something had cut me when I was younger, because I can't remember a time when they weren't there, sometimes mine go red or purple and stand out more then usual. I showed my mum and she thought I'd been cut a dozen times.
|

replied September 14th, 2012
I know this is a bit old but please Google Bartonella rash or Bartonella Stretchmark Rash. This is from a Lyme disease coinfection.

You would need to be checked by a Lyme literate doc. They could determine if this is what your lines are from. Many regular doctors do not know anything about these.
|

replied September 26th, 2012
I always felt itchy in my back, however no any sign shown in my skin. any ideas?
|

replied February 13th, 2013
Ive had something simuler. But theres a dark blackish line bellow my arm on the back, its looks like my arm was cut off and melted back. along with circular dark spots bellow that and what looks like a scar bellow that. Im going to go check it out at the hospital soon
|

replied February 13th, 2013
I know this sounds stupit... But could it be alien abductions? I know its very stupit to think so but its a possibility.
|

replied March 1st, 2013
I have the same thing, i am a 15 year old male that has the same thing on my back but mine are not raised and they are light red my feind said they looked like scars and my parents think so also but i have not been hit or cut on my back at all the just appered on my back over night
|

replied August 7th, 2013
Many of these come from those that sit for numerous hours playing on the PC daily. Check to see how your back hits your chair, which often happens if you have a low back chair. Often numerous red lines will appear at that spot. If not corrected, it can lead to skin, nerve and muscle damage.
|
Quick Reply