Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar affecting marriage

Hi, I was was married this past october, but my relationship is getting really tough right now. I have bipolar disorder 1. My significant other and I always seem to be fighting. I think it is my fault, the smallest thing is enough to set me off and lately I am having a much more difficult time controlling myself. Last night I was ready to just start walking until there was no more--no more, well, anything. This is probably the darkest bout of depression I have ever experienced--second only to the one where I attempted suicide. What should I do? Should I call my psychiatrist or wait until our appointment on wednesday? Anyone have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 22nd, 2006
Help
If you are feeling that depressed you should most defenitely contact your doctor as soon as possible. Bi-polar disorder & depression are not something you should ever take lightly. I speak from experience. I had many suicide attempts, the last leaving me with some brain damage.
Please call your doctor immediately and take care of yourself.
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Have you been taking your medcine? Everyone with bipolar has their moments you're lucky for only 2 but yes definately call your doctor
|

replied April 26th, 2009
Please follow
Hi I do have the same probs.please dont stop medication.consult ur doctor,have some antidepressent and please have mood stabilisers atleast for a couple of years.its like diabetis.Consider yourself taking medicine for diabetis and have a normal life because we are normal people IF WE ARE UNDER MEDICATION. Best of luck
|

replied April 29th, 2009
that really sux i'm in a serious relationship now n' things are great now but they were so bad last month he sent me back to live w/ my parents! now we now i'm bp n' just knowing has helped us so much-im taking fish oil n' its great if u can't stand idea of meds but yeah goodluck
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...