I wasn't entirely sure where to put this topic, but I figured it would fit best here.

Has anyone ever attempted herbal sterilization? I've been reading about it quite a bit for the past few days and i'm considering trying it. I know no doctor will sterilize me because i'm still young, and even if they would I couldn't afford it anyway. Like most people, I would love to enjoy my sex life, but when there's a chance I could get pregnant, I get too worried and can't be intimate with my partner.

We use condoms, but i've yet to allow my partner to keep going for more than a minute - I just get way too paranoid that the condom will break or fall off (which it did the very first time we had sex). And please no one suggest birth control. Not only can neither of us afford it, but I do not like the idea of putting hormones into my body. I was on birth control a couple years ago for menstrual problems and I hated it - it made me feel like dirt and I gained about ten pounds.

I want to try and sterilize myself with herbs. One particular method I have found is to drink cola tea made from stoneseed root every day for six months, and it is supposed to cause permenant sterility. At this point, I don't care about the side effects - if it works, it will be worth it.

Has anyone here ever tried or considered trying herbal sterilization? If you have tried, was it successful?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Cambion
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Well thats certainly a lot more dangerous and have a lot more side effects than "putting hormones in your body" you silly girl. I understand your paranoia but that is truely absurd.
|

replied August 24th, 2014
Bizzi Body - what business is it of yours if someone is seeking natural solutions for any reason??, are u such a control freak- that u need to go online and patronize someone u don't know as to how to live their life?? there is lots of Information on 'pro Manipulators' and 'Covert Aggressors' do yourself a favour and read that info- maybe then you can get a life???
|
Users who thank pussycats for this post: proserpine 

replied January 6th, 2018
Thanks for this. I wanted to say the exact words.
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
My intentions go deeper than just contraception, buzzybee. I have already made the decision to not have children, so this may save me having to fork over $5000 in ten years for a surgical sterilization, or having to listen to some two-watt doctor tell me i'm too young to know what I really want because they don't want me to sue them in the event that I change my mind and decide to become a broodsow.

As far as the side effects of the herbs, stoneseed has no side effects unless I have an allergy, in which case I would simply try one of the other herbs. Aside from stoneseed, jack-in-the-pulpit and thistles are herbs known to cause sterility. Jack-in-the-pulpit does have some pretty nasty side effects, but nothing dangerous (if the correct part of the herb is ingested). I can't seem to find anything on thistles at the time, but if I were to do this, I would most likely try stoneseed first.

Honestly, I would rather have a sore throat and diarrhea (side effects of jack-in-the-pulpit) than be throwing up, bloating, and gaining weight from birth control. I know my idea sounds absurd, but I know no doctor will sterilize me.
|

replied September 10th, 2009
Thank you so much, Cambion for posting this topic. I feel the same way. I know for sure that I don't want children.
I would prefer surgery so I could be 100% confident, but I'd take herbs since I can't afford the pills. Anything not to have constant worry... except maybe becoming celibate.
|

replied July 19th, 2010
Hi Cambion,
I completely agree- I'm currently looking into herbal sterilization as a result of being patronized and ignored by health professionals when trying to go about it the surgical way- I don't want children but I come from an incredibly fertile family, and I suffer from very unpleasant periods, which has lead me to using hormonal contraceptives even though I'm strongly affected by hormones too!
I've read about stoneseed working to sterilize, and have been considering growing some plants, as they're not native to my country, however, I thought I'd check first- have you had any luck with your own attempts? Is it worth a try or is it a waste of time and money in your opinion?
Thanks.
|

replied December 7th, 2012
I would LOVE more than anything to become sterile. But I'm 22, and have even asked the doctor that put my IUD in about it; she said there would be no doctor that would do it. I can't find those herbs ANYWHERE! If anyone finds them, you should totally let me know!
|

replied January 4th, 2013
Hi there. I'm probably younger than anyone on this forum but i absolutely don't want to have kids. My mom was mentally disabled, and so was her mother and there is a 90% chance i will have a disabled child and i dont want to inflict that on anyone. I want to become sterile. Can someone tell me where to get those teas? herbs etc? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2013
I've done tons of research on this topic. There is no permanent method of herbal sterilization. Only Neem oil temporarily behaves like spermicide. Your best bet is to get the surgery done.

Trust me, even I didn't want to have children. I figured if I really wanted children, I would adopt. I used to have a terrible fear of pregnancy. By that I mean the entire process. I used to want to have my ability to bear children permanently removed. I did consider having my tubes tied if it came right down to it.

Considering I've found ways of dealing with my dysmenorrhea that most women don't know about at all, which is very holistic, I would be the one to find an herbal treatment to make myself sterile.

A bit off topic: If you have a very painful period, you most likely have dysmenorrhea, which is a symptom of something other than your cycle. Raspberry leaves put into a tea can regulate your cycle, as well as take away most of the pains. I've had it relieve my cramps entirely, take away the vaginal pain and most of my lower back pain. I still ran into fatigue, however, but I may not have started the remedy early enough.
|

replied June 26th, 2013
I have read that the seeds of the Queen Anne's Lace (Bishop's Flower) can be used like a morning after pill. You basically chew (yuk, I know) a teaspoonful of the seeds the morning after you have intercourse. I ordered some, and am hoping it works, as after 4 children I do not want anymore. I can't afford sterilization, and hormonal birth control is not a good idea for me as I tend to get a little homicidal with all the extra hormones raging thru my body.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...