Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Conceiving After C-section

I had a baby boy by emergency c-section when I was 19 years old. Now, I am 29 and trying to get pregnant again. My husband and I are having no luck. I was hospitalized for 8 days following my sons birth because he and I both had an infection due to the c-section. Could I possibly be infertile due to the infection or the c-section? I have regular periods. I dont understand why I cant get pregnant. And on top of that 2 people at work are pregnant, and 2 of my friends have had babies in the past month. People tell me that if I stop worrying about it, then I will relax enough to get pregnant. Its kinda hard not to think about it , when i'm surrounded by pregnant people. I'm almost 30 and I have a 10 year old........I'm really feeling the pressure to conceive.........I feel like time is running out!!! Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2004
See a Doctor.
Hi. First of all you should see your doctor about it. See what he says before you get you self all worked up. Second, trust me, once you stop trying to get pregnent it will happen. I "tryed" for 9mo.. Letting my hubby cum Embarassed in side only when I was ovulating. And that took a big toll on our sex life. Then he went away for two wks for work. And as soon as he got back we were like Laughing teenagers. Two wks later, I found out I Shocked was preg.!!Putting an emotional stress on your self will throw your body all out of wack. Don't know why. But it does. But plz check with your doctor to make sure your uterus is ok because of the infection after your c-sec. And maybe can can help you find out just when you are ovulating. So good luck. Plz keep us up dated.
|

replied January 16th, 2004
Thank You
Faithann~
thank you very much for your reply.......I can try to relax about conceiving, but thats going to be hard to do. I do need to go get checked by the doctor.....I think that I am just afraid to hear what he might have to say!! Crying or Very sad anyway, thanks again.....And I will keep you posted!!!
Lucky
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Sounds Like Me
That sounds almost the same as me...I had an emergency c-section 10 years ago and have been ttc for almost 9.....
No luck... I go to see an ob in feb to see what is the cause....If I were you I would get checked out....
They also say that you can get scar tissue from a c-section that could affect it but not very often....

Anyway hope everything works out and good luck
|

replied May 1st, 2010
KEEP THE FAITH SWEETY
well this is the section i need to be in because u guys sounds like me i am only 25years old i had my son when i was 15 and to be honest every since then nothings happened my son is about to be 10years old in october so yes 9 years i''ve been ttc and its really stressful because my son is ready and it hurts so bad that u cant really do it, it gotten to the point at one time when i thought it was my baby''s father sperm until i went exploring around with any and every man that i knew and grew up with just to get pregnant i feel like its no hope 4 me and i prays and ask the lord to help and heal what ever going on in my body so that i am able to conceive again, and i am blessed that i didnt run into no life threaten diease like aids ao hiv, THANK YOU GOD.. AND IM STILL TRYING TO KEEP THE FAITH..
|

replied September 3rd, 2010
I feel your pain!
I suffered from pre-eclampsia during my first preganancy, which was further complicated by a pulminary embalism (clot on lung)! My son was delivered by emergency C-section when i was just 32 weeks pregnant. I spent several weeks in hospital after the delivery (including 1 week in a different hospital away from my baby! My son is now nearly 2. Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for the past 10 months, but been having unprotected sex since my son was 3 months old. I still have a lot of unhappy feelings regarding my sons birth, certainly mis-trust of heath professionals who complicated my situation by not acting fast enough last time. I was seriously ill following my sons birth and i sometimes feel that the strain my body was under may have had a permanent effect on my ability to conceive again. I have been to see doctors on many occasions for test after test. Nothing has come from any of the tests and i am told to continue trying and eat healthy and look after myself. Apparently it will happen eventually! This does not help me one bit, it's easy for someone who hasn't been through it to say "don't worry" and "it will happen when it happens" this isn't what i want to hear! I've learnt to take it one day at a time, but the fear of never having another baby is eating away at me!
|

replied September 15th, 2010
c section/ trying to conceive
Hi Im 38 and had a c section 11 years ago with no complications. I had the mirena coil fitted 6 months ago and doc said I had an enlarged uterus. He sent me for a scan and said it was prob due to the c section and i have a small cyst with nothing to worry about. I had my coil removed last month and we are now trying for a baby as I am with a new partner and we are desperate for our own child together. Things are worrying me. Not only my age but my enlarged womb and small cyst(which doc said i had nothing to worry about, it doesnt need removing as its so small) My cycle is a regular 28 day cycle but Im worrying so mucy cos of my enlarged womb which doc said was prob due to c section.
If only I was younger. I dont look 38 not feel too old for a baby!! its so annoying. Apparently its not how you look for your age its that your eggs are 38 years old full stop. Wish me luck!!
|

replied October 1st, 2010
Hi,
I had a c-section four years ago I have been trying to fall pregant for three years you know what I relaxed for 12months nothing happened sorry but the relaxing advice has done nothing you need to get checked by a doctor . I had endo and din't know it, and now have done IVF and it failed and now they have found something wrong from my c-section scar which means all IVF is stopped until they fix the problem I have a sack of fuild and they think it is leaking into my uterus through a small hole in the c-section scar waiting for tests to work out the next step. Goodluck I have also tryed all natural things and accupunture is great.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....