Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Lightheaded And Tired

My son is 16 and has been getting lighthead and shakey lately, the school has sent him home many of times because of this and all he does is sleeps , he has been tested for diabeties and low blood sugar by the dr, and everything is normal. Can someone maybe suggest something that I can have done that we have not thought of.
Viola
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2004
Experienced User
Was he tested to find out if he is aneamic? An iron deficiency can make you lightheaded and tired.
|

replied May 8th, 2008
Re: Lightheaded And Tired
viola wrote:
My son is 16 and has been getting lighthead and shakey lately, the school has sent him home many of times because of this and all he does is sleeps , he has been tested for diabeties and low blood sugar by the dr, and everything is normal. Can someone maybe suggest something that I can have done that we have not thought of.
Viola

dont know if hes still having the troubles. made an account just to help you out. im 16 as well and i am feeling exactly how he is currently. i feel lightheaded and always tired. i sleep in school like him because im so tired. it feels like im in a hole different world. i was told it can be low blood sugar levels, ear infection or what i think it mostly is, is stress and enxiety attacks (sp).
umm just get him to rest it off. eat lots of iron and drink lots of water. thats what i have been doing and it seems a little tiny bit better.
also tell him not to think about it. whenever i think about it (like right now) i start panicking and have to call my parents.
i wish him and you luck. everything is alright just he got to lay back on stress and his panicking. best idea to solve is to buy him somthing he really likes. itll get his mind of many problems hes going through. SmileSmile
|

replied May 27th, 2009
same trouble
My son is having same problem. Does anyone else have these experiences or any ideas? He is 17. Lightheaded and hands tremble a lot.
|

replied September 10th, 2010
hi
i have the same problems. im 19 and have been tested for everything but still nothing has been found out whats coursing it.
|

replied November 30th, 2010
I'm sixteen and had the same thing for a while. Then I was tested and found out I was anemic. Try getting him tested for that. It's an iron deficiency in the blood and taking iron supplements help that a lot. -- Made an account just to help you out on this.
|

replied July 30th, 2011
Being tired and light headed
I'm 16 and I'm currently going through the same thing. Being very tired, light headed, and just feeling like I'm almost not in reality, like in a dream. Everyone tells me that it's anxiety. And that I just don't need to think about it. And I havn't been tested for being aneamic yet so that may be it. I've been feeling this way for about two weeks. I had a panic attack and went to the hospital bcuz I thought I was dying two weeks ago. I had never had any of these troubles before the panic attack. I've noticed that if I'm extremely occupied and I absolutely don't think about panicking, everything is fine. I still want to get tested for being aneamic though. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it very much bcuz I'm ready to be normal again
|

replied August 31st, 2011
I am 15 and had symptoms like this. I had a blood test and was diagnosed with anemia but the symptoms have continued. One of the things that the doctor has suggested it might be is CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) however, the symptoms must have been present for at least 6 months before you can be diagnosed with CFS. I hope this issue is resolved x
|

replied September 5th, 2011
My son, same things, tired, lightheaded, "head in the clouds" same tests, all is well. He's found if he keeps something in his stomach all the time he feels better. Don't know why that is but it works for him, he carries a few packs of cheese or PB crackers and snacks on those..
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Forum Girl wrote:
Was he tested to find out if he is aneamic? An iron deficiency can make you lightheaded and tired.

Definitely get him tested for anemia, also get his tonsils checked. I know it may sound odd but last year I was constantly lightheaded and tired, turns out my tonsils were infected and blocking my airway.
|
Tags: tired
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile