Ive been cing my boyfriend for over a year and came off the pill 3 month ago. We are getting a bit worried now because I arnt pregnant and we try every day. He alreadt has a little girl and keeps saying it cant be him. Ive been taking folic acid for abut a month because I heard it can help. Any one got any tips? Im getting despreate I want a child. :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
3 months isn't very long, especially since you were on birth control before. I've never been on bc and it took me 8 months to conceive the first time and 4 months the second. Be patient.
|

replied June 22nd, 2006
Thanks for your reply I no its a waiting game its just frustraiting when you are ready to have children nothing happens
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Dont Worry
Hey, just wanted to say that ive been trying for 3 years, but 1 year with my current bf, I no that sounded bad lol.
My bf also has a little girl, its very frustrating isnt it. Im not sure where to go for help. Good luck any ways.
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
I know its so hard because shes a rite daddys girl n I get jelious sometimes witch I feel bad. Shes a great kid and keeps asking me if im her new mum. What do you say to her? She doesnt live with us she lives with my bf parents but its hard because he has to go stay at his parents to with his little one. This puts a stain on the whole baby making buisness.X
|

replied June 24th, 2006
Experienced User
I no how you feel, my bf's lil girl is such a cutie. It does make me jelous alot cos as you say she is a daddys girl too. But great kid just wish she was mine!! Sounds bad. She lives with her mum, my bf has to go round his ex to collect her that also makes me jelous. Xxx
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Xxxxxxx
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Its not too bad with her she lives with my bfs parents but its hard when we go round there even though she loves me to bits, his mam keeps telling me all she ever goes on about is me witch is great im really glad I can get on with her. She never sees her real mam witch is good I dont ever bump into her with her living the other side of the country and all. I found out the hard way of knowing he had a daughter. I went to his one nite and she came out of her room and asked him for some sweets. But like his mum said he was embarrassed as there aint many single dads living at ome with there parents. Do you get along good with your boyfriends little one? You see she keeps asking me if im her new mum. What can I say to her seen as me and my boyfriend are getting married. Xxx
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Experienced User
I think its kinda up to your boyfriend what the little girls calls you, if your a mother figure and if your in a stable relationship then maybe its the best thing. I get on well with his daughter, but not his ex theres alot between them and most people would proberly say I shouldnt be with him still!!
Any way good luck with getting pregnant, and make sure your both ready for another little one.
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Why Cant I Get Preganant?
divinty wrote:
ive been cing my boyfriend for over a year and came off the pill 3 month ago. We are getting a bit worried now because I arnt pregnant and we try every day. He alreadt has a little girl and keeps saying it cant be him. Ive been taking folic acid for abut a month because I heard it can help. Any one got any tips? Im getting despreate I want a child. :?

folic acid does not increase your chances of conception but rather help when your pregnant to reduce neural tube disease for the baby. Its a vitamin not a fertility drug! Second, you do know when you ovulate? How long is your cycle?

3 months is not nearly enough time to assume there is anythign wrong with your fertility. It is said that after 1 year of actively trying should you consider infertility.
Getting off bcp can take a few months for your body to start ovulating on its own again.

For the record just because a man fathered one child does not mean he can father another. Sperm can change drastically. I am not saying its him the problem , im am rather just educating you on this.
|

replied June 27th, 2006
I know it could be his fertility try telling a man that. After all the advise I was given we are still going to keep trying and see wahat happens.

As it isnt that long in comming off the pill im due my monthys and im late so fingers crossed.
Me and my boyfriend decided to tell his little one im her friend not her mum but ill be there if she needs me as her mum aint around.
|

replied July 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I no this is prob not the questions you want, but how come the little gal doesnt see her mum? And if you two are trying for another why doesnt the lil girl live with you? Cos she might feel left out if theres a new baby on the scene.
My bf lil girl knows me, she sometimes calls me mum but she no's im not her real mum and she no's that im daddys lady.
|

replied July 24th, 2006
Oh god I thought I was the only one ! My hbd and I have been trying for 3 years , I had an etopic pregnancy 2 years ago and just went though ivf im march, and still nothing ...... Im so sad I just got my period today ...Help I really dont know what else to do ???? :(
|

replied July 24th, 2006
nanabell wrote:
oh god I thought I was the only one ! My hbd and I have been trying for 3 years , I had an etopic pregnancy 2 years ago and just went though ivf im march, and still nothing ...... Im so sad I just got my period today ...Help I really dont know what else to do ???? :(
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....