Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

when does growing stop ?

User Profile
But can anyone tell me what age the average male stops growing my boy has turned 18 and just got measured today and he is 6 ft 8 and still growing he is begining to think he is some sort of freak.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile ddrx2
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Holy crap! He's that tall!! S, it's usually between 16-19 when they stop.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
holy crap! He's that tall!! S, it's usually between 16-19 when they stop.

tell me about it lill I have to jump up to slap him lmao he towers above me now god I hope he stops soon we can only get trousers to fit him in lengh in one shop in the whole area lol .

Worse thing is because he is so tall he stands out in a crowd and you get idiots trying to pick fights with him because of his size.
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
He might be tall but he can use it to his advantage, there is nothing wrong with being tall atall. Think of all the "shortys" who wanna be a basketball player but cant cause they are too short. Guys can carry on growing till they are 25. Sure your son is tall but the tallest guy ever was like 7"4.
|

replied April 6th, 2008
dude i wanna know when imma start growing
|

replied April 21st, 2008
wow!!
wow, thats really tall, i guess he will stop growing about 19-21 years old. Others says is 18, but i think that's for girls. Guys are 21.
|

replied May 1st, 2008
I was done growing when I was 15. But I started WAY early.
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2009
I'm a guy and I hit puberty at 11 and finished growing at 14. I'm now 16. I've been 170 cm (5'7") since I was 14.
|

replied March 14th, 2012
Have u grown since the last post?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2012
Hi JHawk, If you were talking to me, than I'll you know that I didn't grow since last post. I am still in the 170-172cm range. I am now 18.
|
Quick Reply