Hi, I am new to this forum and just had my gallbladder removed four days ago. I had an ultrasound, x-rays, and the hida scan and it was determined that my gallbladder was not functioning at all. I did not have any gallstones. I am still sore from my surgery, but feeling stronger every day. I have read over and over again about this "dumping syndrome" and frequent trips to the bathroom, but I am having the opposite problem. I am extremely constipated. I have not taken any pain medications for the past two days as I have been feeling better and the pain has not been unbearable. I took 2 laxatives twice on the very same day and still was unable to go. I haven't seen much mention of this particular problem and was wondering if many have experienced it. I'm left wondering what to expect as most people who have posted have had the opposite problem. I would greatly appreciate any response. Does the bathroom problem start immediately after surgery or does it wait? Thank you.

I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically and have had little complications other than some pain on my right side. It is a pain similar to the pain I endured during a gallbladder attack, but a bit less intense. From what I have read, this is a rather normal occurrence. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 6th, 2006
I had surgery on wednesday and I finally went to the bathroom this morning, believe me I was very happy about it lol so far I am able to eat without having the dumping syndrome, each person is different so you can't go by what you read. I still have a slight pain on the right side and some tenderness where the sutures are but that is about it no other complaints. I would suggest to drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and vegatables. Good luck
|

replied August 21st, 2006
Gallbladder Surgery
I had my laprascopic gallbladder surgery two months ago, and still have the dumping syndrome, unfortunately.

In addition, I have to continue still to watch what I eat (low fat) due to my acid reflux.

But...............When I eat, I no longer have pain associated with my gallbladder, thankfully.

Lori
|

replied June 15th, 2008
gall bladder removal
I have a question....I had mine removed over a month ago, I now have a leaky Accessory bile duct...I can only eat some cereals, rice and pasta...all plain. I have lost 20 lbs. I have extreme stomach pain, cramping, bloating, belching, with sharp stabbing pains. I had a diarhea one day after trying to drink a milk shake on an empty stomach and it came out bright green. If I eat three small meals than I have a hard time drinking fluids, well water is the only thing I can drink. They really make me belch and bloat. Does anyone experience any of this? I have had every test possible and they are going to do another endoscopy and colonoscopy. I have been poked, prodded and am getting depressed. Please help
|

replied August 30th, 2010
yes I have had my gallbladder out in february, I have daily diarhea and my stool is also green in color, I still eat some fatty foods, but I also eat healthy foods and still have chronic abdominal cramps. Sometimes I'm afraid to eat, because of the diarhea cramps. Has anyone found a particular food or diet that makes this issue easier.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
I had my gallbladder removed 5 days ago and drinking and eating is very painful. I don't have much energy,but since I,m a wife and mom I must keep going. I just want to feel good again with no pain.
|

replied August 6th, 2011
pgbs
i have had my gaulbladder out for two years mow. I still have the dumping syndrome. I do not eat anything kind of fating food.and im also on all kind of meds and we still have not have it under control yet.I take all kind of vitimans and just about stop eating, i eat only dinner because that is the only time im am home any more.my doctor said that it is not common to have it this long so i was wondering if any else still had it after two and a half years? ifso how do u deal with it because it is controling my life and cant take much more of not going out im 25 years old and dont leave my house other then to go to work.
|

replied August 6th, 2011
pgbs
i have had my gaulbladder out for two years mow. I still have the dumping syndrome. I do not eat anything kind of fating food.and im also on all kind of meds and we still have not have it under control yet.I take all kind of vitimans and just about stop eating, i eat only dinner because that is the only time im am home any more.my doctor said that it is not common to have it this long so i was wondering if any else still had it after two and a half years? ifso how do u deal with it because it is controling my life and cant take much more of not going out im 25 years old and dont leave my house other then to go to work.
|

replied October 29th, 2011
I'm feeling worse
I've had gallbladder surgery 10 days ago. I had a bowel movement 7 days later and I'm not experiencing the dumping syndrome. However as of two days ago my appetite decreased and I start to feel nausea. On yesterday after a warm shower I had this pain in center of my chest and around the wound beneath my breasts. I didn't think it was gas so I tried to bare with the pain off and on for 3 hours then I finally took pain Med and it went away. I don't have an appetite and today I Vomited. It seems as if I'm beginning to feel worse. I should feel better but I'm not ..
|

replied October 30th, 2011
I had my son August 23rd and I was in good health, gained sixteen pounds. Then in late September, I went to the emergency room with horrible back pain. Turns out to be gallstones and they removed my gallbladder October 7th. I know that I lost a lot of the baby weight, just not sure how much. But since August I've lost 29 pounds. Is weight loss normal after gallbladder removal?
|

replied October 30th, 2011
Experienced User
Weight *gain* is more common after gallbladder removal, but if you were not able to eat or digest food normally for a period after the operation then you could have lost some weight during that time. Monitor your weight for a few weeks and see if it is stable now.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....