Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

I got my Period One Week after my last one...what's going on

User Profile
I got off my period last friday. me and my boyfriend had sex last saturday and he ejaculated inside of me. now a week later im on period again. whats going on. could i be pregant

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile DoctorQuestion
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Getting Pregnant Answer A1135
You can take a pregnancy test to be sure. There are two possibilities that can help explain why you got your period so quickly. The first possibility is that you have irregular menstrual cycles (each cycle lasts a different amount of time). Irregular menstrual cycles are usually caused by some hormonal disturbance in the axis between the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and/or the ovaries. The second possibility is that either this period or your last period is not a real period (menstruation) but another kind of vaginal bleeding (spotting). Reasons for spotting are various and can be either organic or functional. You can follow up by scheduling an examination with your gynecologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.