I need to get ride of my strech marks!!!!!!! Uhhh I dont mind them as much on my boobs or even my sides but I have these dark ones on the inside on my thighs. Does anybody know of any cream that actually works? I cant seem to find a good working one.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I have really bad stretch marks too.. But not from giving birth... Just because I gained an insane amount of weight in a short amount of time... So there everywhere. I found this stretch mark lotion at the drug store I work at and got some.. Its only been about 3 days since I started using it.. I have to say that the ones on my arms look (a miniscule) lighter. However the ones on my stomach and sides are still purple... Im hoping they'll lighten too... But so far nothing. I think any drug store really would have some lotion type stuff for stretch marks... Just go take a look.
|

replied June 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Stretch marks are scars on your skin. They are permanent. You will never get rid of them. My grandmother showed me her stretchmarks from her twin pregnancy 40+ years after she'd been pregnant. You can use lotion. You can try to cover them up. But in the end, the best thing to do is learn to live with them.

The purple color will fade eventually and they will be a silvery skin color.

I have stretch marks from my waist to mid calf and have for 20 years.
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
xzoeyx wrote:
i think you can make up to cover moles scar birth marks etc or you can have surgery which removes them permantly
surgury I can see,but covering them up?She wants to get rid of them and putting makeup on them doesn't make them go away
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Surgery will leave scars also and is very expensive. Which is why most people just live with them. If you look around you'll notice a lot of people have stretch marks. Fact of life. Even my husband has them from growing too fast when he was a teenager. They are completely normal.
|
Tags: cream, Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...