Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

How Can I Tell If Im Pregnant

Im only fourteen years old and I need help fast. My mom doesnt know that ive had sex and she wants me to go to the doctors today because ive been throwing up alot latly. I explained how ive been feeling to her and she said it sounds alot like morning sickness. I assured her that it coudnt be that. But what other signs are there I should look out for?

Plsease, I need all the help I can get
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 15th, 2006
Usually the biggest indicator that you could be pregnant is if you've missed a period. Your appetite can change, you tend to go the bathroom more than usual. There is a lot of symptoms but it's not the same for every woman. I think the best thing to do is go to the doctor so you can know for sure if you are pregnant or not, even though it's scary it's the best thing you can do and then you can decide from there what you will do about it if you are pregnant.
Good luck.
|

replied June 15th, 2006
But another thing is, if I am.. How do I even begin to tell my mom? I need alot of advice on that too
|

replied June 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If your mom is the one who said it sounded like morning sickness it doesn't sound like it would be too hard to break it to her. She obviously thinks you're having sex already. You just say "well mom, you were right".
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....