Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Whoo Hoo!! a Breakthrough!!!

User Profile
After 6 months with no period my doctor is now sending me for an ultrasound to check my ovaries!!! I have got an appointment for the 21st june.
Someones listening at long last!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
That is great! It is so nice when someone starts paying attention to what you are saying. I got my doctor to listen to me last week to.
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thats great news! What is happening for you
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Experienced User
My doctor has given me progesterone to keep my cycles from going so long. My last one was 68 days. She says if that doesn't trigger ovulation after a couple of cycles, we will start clomid. How did your ultrasound go? Did you find anything out.

I was sorry to read your other post. It seems like most of the people I used to chat with are not on here anymore. You were one of the last familiar names.
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Brilliant news hun,for both of you :d
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey!! I have decided to just carry on posting on here where theres no trouble!

I had the ultrasound, my ovaries are larger than the 'norm' and I have small cysts on both.:( I am waiting for the doctor to recieve the report to see whats hes going to do next. They said taking everything else into consideration it sounds like pcos.
Good news that things are moving along for you!!
|

replied June 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey jolie did you have any symptons of feeling cyst. My doc told me I might have had one that came when I ovulated b/c I had bad pains on the left side abdominal a week after ovulation and sex was very painful so he said in july I go for yealry he will do ultrasound to see if thats it. Just wondering :)
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm glad you finally have a diagnosis. Now, they can start treating you properly and hopefully you will get pregnant soon.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
i want to be a mommy wrote:
hey jolie did you have any symptons of feeling cyst. My doc told me I might have had one that came when I ovulated b/c I had bad pains on the left side abdominal a week after ovulation and sex was very painful so he said in july I go for yealry he will do ultrasound to see if thats it. Just wondering :)

no I have had no aches or pains at all, I have always suffered with irregular periods, with them stopping for long periods of time but thats it. I also have a raised testosterone level, im overweight and my hair falls out all the time!! Apparently all signs of pcos. Have you had your u/s yet?
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
No stil waiting for af so I can schedule one maybe he just wont visit!
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Fingers crossed for you!!!

Saw doctor today he is reffering me to a consultant so he can give me some medication as he told me its definitely pcos. I am kinda excited things are moving along at last!!
|

replied July 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Jolie - that is great that he is referring you. Hopefully it won't take you long to get in so you can get treatment started.

Iwanttobe - do you know when you are going in for your scan or does it just depend on when af shows up?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....