Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Went Camping For 3 Days With Hypoglycemia

Couple weeks ago, went camping with a few friends. A month and a half ago I was stuck at home battling crashes almost every 30mins.

Then I started following the low carb, high protein/fat diet. And started to get better. Although I still get symptoms here and there, they usually go off/on and its not as bad as before.

One of the things I did was bring almonds with me whereever I go. Whenever I started feeling funny, I just ate a couple of almonds and was fine again.

I also had one mini crash at the end of the camping trip. I wiped my spoon with an antibacterial wipe, that would be a no no. But was able to come back up after a few almonds.

So for anyone who has been diagnosed just follow the lowcarb high protein/fat diet. You have to figure out what food works with your body.

Also don't stay up too late and dont work too hard!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2006
Community Volunteer
So otherwise your trip went well?
|

replied June 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Good stuff, ive been a on a few 3-4 day camping trips since ive had hypogylcemia and havnt had any major problems too. I just make sure I eat every few hours, and I too always have almonds with me everywere I go, they seem to work wonders.
|

replied June 15th, 2006
stan stepanic wrote:
so otherwise your trip went well?

hey stan, yes the whole trip went well. I am goin to go again in a couple of weeks, this time it will be a 5 day camping trip.
|

replied June 15th, 2006
stumars wrote:
good stuff, ive been a on a few 3-4 day camping trips since ive had hypogylcemia and havnt had any major problems too. I just make sure I eat every few hours, and I too always have almonds with me everywere I go, they seem to work wonders.

yea I also went jetskiing for the first time, it was great. I ended up falling of the ski, kinda scary at first. And I ended drinking some fresh lake water lol. And I thought I would get a crash from it, but no crash.

Sometimes if I don't eat my regular meal I just eat 6 almonds. And it works for me.
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Congrats!!
|