Casey is 5 days old today !!!! He is almost a week... My precious little man. Also I wanted to tell yall the day we left the hospital he went from 8 pounds 9 oz. To 8 pounds 3oz. I go to the doc on the 14th so I will tell yall what happens then.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
That's normal, .Matt was 9 lbs 11 oz at birth and he left the hospital at 9 lbs. 5 oz. In the first few days at home he put on a 1/2 lb so he was 9 lbs 13 at his one week visit.
|

replied June 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
O0o0oo ok... I thought he was going to melt away to nothing...Lol
omg u guys have no idea.. ( well u probally do ) how paranoid I am about him. Im always scared something is going to drop him or something. I check to make sure he is breathing every 5 minutes..Lol.. Im just ahhh !!! My mom thinks im crazy... Hahaha =)
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Everybaby will loose some weight before leaving, basically baby has never had to feed himself umbilical cord did it all basically the baby was lazy while inside of us lol now they have to work for it and it usually can take up to two weeks for some to go back to normal weight.

Elisa lost about 5 oz and cam if I remeber only lost 1 oz but hes a sumo baby lol dont worry its completly normal

i want pictures!!!!!

Take care jen
|

replied June 13th, 2006
Experienced User
The paranoia does disappear (well get less anyway) after a few weeks when you get used to him and get more confident in your parenting skills :-)
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Just thank god he doesn't have .Jaundice like my angel did and you have to make trips to the .Dr everyday after birth for a week and a half!

Kayoni makes 2 months on the 22nd and i'm just getting over my paranoia. But I was a nut with paranoia when I was pregnant.

He'll gain his weight back....My angel is a incredibly porker and is going to be "obese"...Or at least thats what her doctor says!!!

Good luck girl!!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Worried = One Wonderful Mother!
Congradulations! Your baby boy is doing just fine, my little girl lost 6 oz. After her birth and within 1 1/2 wks. She was back up to birth weight.

My baby girl is almost 8 months old now, and she weighs 20 lbs. She only weighed 6 lbs, and 2 oz. At birth!!

Warning: they do grow up fast, so enjoy every second.

Good luck! :d
|

replied June 14th, 2006
He does have jaundice... It was really high in the hossy inbetween mid and high now its low medium or how ever the doc put it... His little eyes are all yellow !! He goes to the doc. Tommorow.
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Awww...I'm sorry...Kayoni's were the same way. I promise it'll get better!!! I know it feels like it's taking forever, but it'll pass.

One question, did they tell you to stop breastfeeding and start pumping? I know my baby had a certain type of .Jaundice different from the .Jaundice that affect most babies, but it just makes me wonder if I could've breasfed anyways.

I'm just extreemly bitter that I can't breastfeed. My "let down" never happend because I was too busy and not resting enough. I had to go to the hospital to get her blood drawn everyday for a week and a half...How could I rest?!?

Anyways good luck girl....If you need anything, pm me.

Sarah
|

replied June 14th, 2006
They never told me not to breastfeed... They pushed it at me. I think the lactation nurse was on my ass everyday I was in the hossy... Lol. Thanx so much I know he will get better but I hate seeing him like this. Plus for the past 2 days he's been really fussy almost colicy.. !! = (
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...