Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Symtpoms of Paralysis After Lifting Injury

About a month ago I was doing a shoulder press, and mid lift for some reason I turned my head to the right, big no no. Instantly I felt a twinge in my body, like someone played all my nerves like a bass guitar, then instantly I had a burning sensation in the back right side of the tongue, followed by lightheadedness. This lasted for 5 seconds about, and then went away. The following week my left arm, was just feeling pretty week. Then a week later I was driving and out of no where, I was chewing some gum and driving, and my throat got dry, I felt a cold/nauseating wave over my entire body, had to pull over, rapid heart rate, just crazy and scary, lasted for about 30 mins. Next day I started getting some tingling sensations in my hands and feet. This continued for the next week and ussually happend right as I was about to fall asleep. The second I was about to fall into a sleep a part of my body would feel like it was going into paralysis, and I woudl have to shake it and make sure it still worked. Had a few werid tingling sensations in face, no dominant side. I'm starting now after a month to probably be having horrible anxiety attacks that make me feel like i"m dying, but my nervous system is so messed up I don't know what to do. I don't really have neck or back pain just one day I did on my spine up to my brain. I went to the movies which I love to do, bit 30 mins in I start having these problems, can't swallow hard to breathe, makes no sense, it is like my brain can not handle the emotion of the movies, like I get scared, or worried. I usually drink beer to calm the symptoms and am seeing a nerologist tomorrow. But these things are coming out of nowehre, I can't work, I can't get to into conversations or my head feels werid, and my hands may ge ta little numb, then i'm tired. Unless I drink alot, then it doesn't happen. So now i'm having very minor facial twitching, and hands sometimes twitch. It seems to be getting worse, but I can't tell if it is just anxiety, or actuality. I know I really feel the symptoms though. I haven't worked out in 1 month, and I can't work, driving to me is some how scary now, it is messing my life up pretty bad. Yesterday was the worst symptoms I have ever had. Please give any advice, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Tristan 22 male Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....