Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

I Have a Question: I Need Major Advice

I am a 20 year old college student who has recently 'came out' to my mother *biggest accomplishment* ever....However, I have a bigger dilemma. For the past couple of years, I have developed strong feelings for one of my good friends and I kind of think or at least hope she feels the same way as I do but I am not 100% sure. I would really be thankful if someone could give me advice about what they think about her...

She is a year younger than me and has never had a boyfriend, never been kissed or never mentions that she would want a boyfriend (even though all her friends have one), used/still does always stare at me and smiles, *none of my friends have ever really done this to me which strikes me as odd*, is not very 'girly'. She recently told me that she doesn't want to have kids someday. Also, whenever I talk to her about my previous boyfriends, she never really says anything or attempts to give me advice. However, the other night whenever I asked her if she was a lesbian, she got all defensive and went crazy which I am still confused about....*maybe she was being defensive* :?

My mom thinks that she may be bisexual or w/e...And my gut/insticts tell me that she is but...

I really like her and I want to eventually develop a relationship with her so it would really be helpful if someone could give me some advice about this situation b/c I have never been in this situation before...

Thanx bunches~
emily 20 missouri
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2006
Does she know about your sexuality?

Maybe if she knew about you she might be able to admit that she is, if she is.
|

replied September 7th, 2006
You know, I am younger than you are but almost the same thing happened to me. I met this girl one day at school and I thought she was so pretty... At first the thought of being gay was frightening, so I tried to forget... But over the years it got stronger, and we both just realized that we both love each other, and now we are together.

Sometimes, you don't need to try and figure out if the person you love is also gay/bi. You just need to put yourself out on a limb. Because if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person, they have to love and accept you as much as you love/accept them. If they don't, then (sorry to say) it's not worth your love. And if she was being defensive, and she loves you back, then that's when you know you've got it made.

Basically what happened to me is that my friend and I were play fighting like we always did. It got a little further than ever before and I just said out loud "i don't want to change everything on you but I have to ask... Are we gay?"
she laughed quietly, and said she didn't know... But then we realized by then that the answer was really yes.

Your feelings have worth; don't let them fall to waste.
|