Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Getting Pregnant With Irregular Periods

Since coming off the pill in october last year I have only had 1 period, which was at the end of february. I have seen my doctor but they've told me to wait a few more months and go back then! My fiancee and I really want a baby and i'm not sure if i'm even ovulating without my period? It's so frustrating not knowing if I can get pregnant, i've started taking agnus castus to try and kick start my periods but wondered if anyone had any other advice or personal experiences to share please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
I having exactly the same problem.... I have no clue either ( by the way, I havent taken anything to kick start my periods yet) I havent been on for 5 months,.... How about you???

If someone can help, please do

thank you xxx
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
Sorry, you said since last october, lol

i have read that chinese herbal things apparantly work??????? Not sure if it is any help?

Have a look on the ammenorrea page
|

replied June 23rd, 2006
I have not not had a period sense last november. My doctor said that it is rare but possible to not to have a period for 6 months after stopping birth control, but now it has been longer than that. My doctor offered to start me on the fertility drug clomid, but I am not sure if I am ready for that yet. She said that if I don't start having a period the only way that I will get pregnant is with fertility drugs. Is this what everyone else has heard? Has any one had luck with regulating there period with herbal supplements?
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Experienced User
I am taking vitex (chaste berry). I stopped birth control in january and have had 3 cycles. The last one was 68 days. My doctor just gave me a prescription for progesterone. I'm supposed to take that if my cycle runs longer than 30-35 days. She says that can trigger your body into a regular cycle. She said if that doesn't work after 3 cycles, then we will move on to clomid.

I think the vitex may help. When I stopped taking birth control the first time, I didn't have a cycle at all for months. I ended up having to do the progesterone thing that time also.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...