Hi everyone I really could use some insight here.
I'll try to keep it short, I went to see a pschiartist about being bipolar, after thaking the internet quiz and scoring 7 (2 being enough to go see someone) on top of being in a major crisis right now(worse than I have ever) I found him very short(like most)only taking a few min. 5-10 and not aking much backround to correctly diag. Me, requirng effort to get him to look over the quiz results. He decided to take me off the effexor and xanax which my primcare doc put me on (who has been a huge help for the last 5yrs), putting me only on lamictal which might work in 6 weeks. So I decided to see a pchologist which works out of his office, figuring that the 2 would share info, getting the most out of my treatment. I really am crying out here. So I met with her and 1/2 way the backround info, I intereupter her letting her know I felt comfortable and told her "i believe this is going to work" well before you know it time was up and I wasnt finished so I made a appt for the following day, looking foward to it.
We started and she preceeded to ask why I ddint tell her everything I had told the psychar. First ididnt remember and figured we get there today. Its not like I was holding back I already told her more in the 1 1/2 hr I had told more other people I had seen.
Anyway here is where my problem lies after a few minutes she starts to tell me that I am a "bad parent" due to my social phobias and staying in a bad marraige. After a couple of minutes I told her uncomforatable I was and that I was getting angry and didnt need this additonal stress, guilt nor was this helping me. I have help raise 2 good kids they are 16&17 and have never been in trouble of any sort. Which by today standard is a miricale alone I love them dearly and didnt want to be forced to grow up in a situation as I did. (she would of had a field day with my parents)maybe I didnt have the tools I need but I honestly do my best. I finally changed the subject focusing on my job but it she kept trying to lead back to this.
The questions are
is this what I can expect from therapy?

Shouldnt something like this wait until I am a little more stable even if it had to be addressed? I am still not at a full dose or feel any better from the med.

Is she try to get me to commit myself?

Does this sound right?

I have already decided that I wont see her again.

I wont keep going on and on but I really could use some comfort I feel so hope/helpless.
Ijust can get over this
sorry for being so long
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You should wait atleast 6 weeks for the response of treatment. She was trying to make you a responsible person. I would suggest you to have mind relaxation excercises like yoga and meditation to make yourself comfortable in this window period of treatment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.