Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Have Been Thinking..... (Page 1)

What should I do
Keep .Amelia .Ann-.Marie
Change to .Shauna .Ann-.Marie
78%  78%  [ 11 ]
21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
What do you guys think about if I change my baby's name????

I love .Amelia, but in memory of my husband should I change her name to...

Shauna .Ann-.Marie?

I know we have all known her as .Amelia and my husband was set on .Amelia since the first time that he heard it, but I have been thinking about changing it and I don't know what to do.

What do you all think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Experienced User
What about changing the babies name to shauna amelia or amelia shauna.. Then you have got the name in memory of your husband and the name that she has always been known by by both u and your husband... Hope this helps it was just an idea anyway...X x x x
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well the reason I wasn't going to change her middle name was because the name marie runs in my family and ann runs in his mom's family and we deciede to just combine the two.....But I am not really oppossed to changeing the middle name.....Just didnt' really want to deal with my grandma about why marie isn't a part of her name.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Mmmm how would I pronounce it???? I am not too sure how its suppost to sound.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
That is pretty. (kinda dunce here)

i do like that...I'll have to entertain the idea. Its really cute.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I think thats an awesome idea.Amelia-shaunarie,i really do like that!
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I haaate the name .Shauna/.Shawna/whatever..
There's this girl named .Shawna .Marie...
&she always hits on my boyfriend.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
sandralynn wrote:
arcadia wrote:
i haaate the name .Shauna/.Shawna/whatever..

There's this girl named .Shawna .Marie...

&she always hits on my boyfriend.

aww.. Bitter are we?? ::wink::

sha aint got nuthin on you, .Krissy bear... You're hot to trot!

Sexy mami!! *~*reow!!*~*
and now your hot to trot with a bun in the oven! : )
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well....Ok then.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Shauna isn't my favorite name of all time, but the fact that it does have a special meaning makes all the difference in the world *i think*

the fact that its a name pretty much dedicated to your husband makes it special and thats what makes me like it =) I like shauna ann marie, its pretty.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
What about 2 middle names? Your husband loved amelia so I think it would be nice to stick with that. I've also heard of girls with the name shaun so you could always use that instead of shauna (just an idea, I really don't like shauna but I like honoring your husband). How about amelia ann-marie shaun or amelia shaun ann-marie or just amelia shaun? Whatever you pick will be lovely, i'm sure.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ok miss I repeat myself repeat myself.

I know, I wasn't concerned too much about it. She never has to name her daughter shauna if she doesn't like the name. But to me it's about a little more than some girl I don't like.

No tone taken.

Thanks
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I like amelia shaun ann marie too, shaun could be a unisex name, and I think that full name is pretty lol it's long... But that doesn't change the fact that it sounds good. To me anyways =)

besides, the shaun (however you plan on spelling it) fits in just about anywhere, just because of the fact that its your husbands name. I think its neat that you want to honor him like that.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
edited to take out last name.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Experienced User
I like shaunarie thats a really nice name unusual too but honouring both u husband and the family name then you could have amelia as the middle name or shaunarie as the middle name I think its a really nice way of honouring ur husband...
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Experienced User
I would stick to amelia as the first name, since you said your husband loved it. That alone is a great way of honoring his memory. Of course, your daughter's name is completely your call and no matter what you decide to call her, she will no doubt be a beautiful reminder of your husband.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry if .I offended you or anything, .Gen... Definitely wasn't my intetion...

I do like .Ameila .Marie a lot.
It reminds me of the name .Amile [ahm-ee-lay] &.I love that name, too.
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No offence taken.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I must say I do like amelia shaun ann marie. It might be long but its very pretty
|

replied June 9th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Shauna amelia ann-marie sounds good to. I have 2 middle names and a hyphenated last name and my son has 2 middle names as well because I couldnt decide on just 1 but I do now some one with 4 middle names as well. Just pick what comes to your heart I am sure he would of loved anything that you choose hun.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...