Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Skin Rash on Palms and Soles

User Profile
I get this random rash, starting on the inside sole of my feet and my palms. They look like red pin pricks under the skin, very red always extremly itchy and sometimes slightly burning. My palms get the same way but sometimes turn blistering red, hot and itchy. sometimes it goes farther and I'm completly covered in red spots that grow into welps and my eyes and lips slightly swell. It happens randomly anywhere at any time. I've even woken up with little circles of red spots on my legs that itch. I've tried benadryl, antihistamins, cortizone creams nothing really seems to help. I do have a history of anxiety and have been taking effexor for about a year but this started just a few months ago. What kind of questions can I ask my doctor so that he won't just send me away telling me to take antihistamins. I have never experienced this problem before.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2006
Anxiety & Stress Answer A1079
You may be experiencing a kind of allergic rash. In treating allergies, the most important piece of information is to identify and avoid the reason (allergen) that causes the allergy/allerigc reaction. Allergens are found in food, drugs, air, clothes, work/home environment, cosmetic, etc. . There are few tests (skin tests) that can identify allergens. Antihistamines and corticosteroids are used for treating allergies; discovering and avoiding the allergen are more useful. You can seek expert help from a dermatologist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.