I waitress about 5 days a week and I lift heavy objects, especially trays. When I carry heavy trays from one end to the other by the time I go and sit the tray down it seems to me that my arm falls asleep (or its tingling?) and my hand goes numb for a few seconds to where I can't pick anything up. Please let me know if this can be serious or not. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2003
First off, have you seen a doctor about this? Currently i'm not at all a fan of doctors right now because of what's happen to me, but they are the only "professional" resource. Still, I know this may not be a big enough problem to visit the hospital but at least it's a start.

Forking cash out for a doctor to tell you his opinion (good or bad), is up to you, though from what you've mentioned it doesn't sound like a big problem.

I say if it continues, and especially if the numbing starts lasting longer, i'd see professional help.

Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Sam Visnic
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....