I am 14 weeks pregnant. At my last doctor visit he said my thyroid was a bit enlarged and ordered bloodwork. I just talked to my doctor and he said my thyroid level is a bit high (hyperthyroid). He does not want to treat me for fear that I will switch to hypothyroidism. He just told me to be aware of my heart rate (i.E. Palpatations) my doc seems really laid back about it but i'm wondering if he is just acting cool about it so I won't stress out. I have read really bad things about it. Should I be worried? Is there any self help measures I can take?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2010
hi .. did u hear a reply on this or do you know what was right thing to do.
i posted a question on this and hoping to get some help..

---------------------------
hi,this questions is for my wife. she is around 5 weeks pregnant. she had very mild hypothyroid (TSH between 3 to4) before pregnancy and she was suggested to take 112 mcg synthroid. we just got her thyroid levels checked and seems like she has an overdose of this medication. her TSH has dropped below 0.02.

would you know what adverse affect this overdose could have on baby?
appreciate any help you could give.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....